Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I was able to put in a build order may 2022 in the US, and they mentioned it would take around 4 months then. I ended up having to withdraw it so it went to the lot to be sold to someone else instead; but per prior posts I wouldn't be able to do this anymore at present?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Took delivery of a 2023 mazda3 carbon ed this past weekend. While the cylinder deactivation in these non turbo engines gives me some trepidation re: reliability, I am trying not to worry too much (Mazda's application seems decent) and overall am enjoying it.

I have however noticed that when I take my foot off the break before giving it throttle, I feel a bit of vibration. Not sure if it's from the pedal or engine or what. Usually felt when I'm trying to creep up in traffic or at a stop from idle. Any thoughts?

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

That's good(?) to hear that it seems to just be a skyactive quirk, thanks much. As an aside, I had pined for the turbo for a long time, but honestly I've been pretty happy with the pull of the NA 2.5.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

In addition to asking here I somewhat naively asked about the braking quirk during the post purchase "thank you" email from the dealership; they deferred to the service dept, which only seemed to prompt an automated message from said service dept wanting feedback for how they did (without...doing anything..)