Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
I just wish Mazda had considered front license plates when designing the new 3 and 6. Most cars look bad with front plates, but I think the new 3 and 6 look exceptionally awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

BraveUlysses posted:

I know this is the MZR thread but what's the consensus on the new generation of Mazda 3/6? I'm looking at a base model manual hatchback or 6 sedan to replace this 02 WRX that I just got and don't really care to put up with.

They are both great cars. I am disappointed that the 2.0L 3's don't come with a proper tach though. You have to step up to the 2.5L S model to get rid of that stupid digital tach.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
Anyone have some OEM 17" wheels they want to part with? Looking for something close to 17x7 with 40-50 offset. Preferably in Colorado. PM me!

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

Hey Mazda thread, I was referred here from the Stupid Questions thread.

I'm looking at a 2015 Mazda3, but the 130k miles on it scares me a little. The carfax shows mostly regular maintenance with a couple of ~15k mile gaps between services.

It otherwise meets my requirements and with how awful availability is right now its very tempting. Is there anything I should be worried about on it?

I have a 2018 and the only issue I've had is the backup camera connector in the hatch can get loose and make the camera randomly cut in and out. It's a 10 min diy job to pop the trim off and tape the connector cable down.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
Just got a letter from Mazda/SGS asking to borrow my 2018 3 for two weeks for some sort of dynamometer emissions testing program. Any other 3 owners get this?

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
2018 3 rear end is getting super bouncy at 50k miles and my dog hates it. Was going to grab some OE shocks but the Koni special actives are quite a bit cheaper. Anyone run those with the stock springs? My main priority is ride comfort these days.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
Are you outside the US or something? The manual for my 2018 doesn't mention power folding mirrors.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
I had a similar issue on my 3 that went away when I replaced my USB cable

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
The windshield washer fluid level sensor appears to be broken on my 2018 3. Shows low levels even after refilling. Anybody ever replace one of these on their 3rd gen? Can't seem to find any YouTube videos of the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
Apparently the battery in my 3 was leaking for a while and the acid/crust ate a good chunk of the paint off of the battery retaining bracket. Not sure why so much acid made it's way out the top of the battery. Swapped the battery out for a new one and cleaned the acid crust off the bracket. Hope it won't happen again.