Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geneva Breaker
Aug 5, 2022

not read post
Got my GTX started yesterday, after 3 years in the garage.
It was supposed to be a one-winter de-rusting & re-grounding project but along the way we discovered:
- 2 bent con rods
- every wheel bearing sloppy
- every bushing rotted
- 60% of the wiring was corroded beyond saving
- fuel system like a sieve
- exhaust crumbled

So it turned into a Megasquirt, engine swap to a 1.6 (I'll write up the conversion later, it's less simple than the miata guys think but a lot easier than the protege guys said.) and a fuel system from scratch.
anyway after a lot of patchwork it runs again. The powerplant's made of a B6T from a 1988 GTX, VJ11 for the turbo, '90 miata intake manifold and fuel rail, '93 (i think?) coilpacks, and 1.8 clutch/flywheel. Distributor is clocked like 60 degrees retarded because it's also from the 1.8, but that's what we had. The 1.6 dizzies are massively ugly.

Anyway here's the goods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW3nQ0Co528

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU