Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Don't forget that with HIDs you have to rip a bunch of poo poo out to just change a bulb!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You've got to figure that very, very few people replace their spares for any reason. There's no economies of scale.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It was far cheaper for me to put a regular tire on the inexplicably full-size temporary-use spare wheel when I shredded it on my Ranger, due to extreme age.

Having done that, I still wouldn't proactively replace a spare that isn't part of my tire rotation. I'd just treat it as a tool to maybe avoid a tow to a tire shop.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Can't be worse than stock, mine were utter poo poo when I pulled my struts off and I'd have replaced them if I had the parts on hand.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

No poo poo, seeing them on that car makes me slightly regret not putting them on my '07 MS3. Would've been a wash for cheaper tires at the time, too.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My early '07 MS3 had the aux input, I'm pretty sure they all do.

It also had nasty ground loop issues, so I'd plan on a ground loop isolator.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I had the opposite experience, the kit was barely enough for me to do the headlights on my WJ. Still satisfied with it (especially since I paid something like $5) but I then went and bought a shitload of cheap sanding discs to use with it next time around.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

hattersmad posted:

I’m posting from my WebTV

I thought Lowtax banned the last WebTV user

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Charles posted:

Only thing is I think they turn purplish as they get old.

They get somewhat dimmer as they do that, and between those two factors it pretty much never makes sense to replace only one bulb because the color/brightness difference is maddening.