Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stikfiga
Apr 24, 2003
the OG HC

Frosty- posted:

I used the AP to make a lovely datalog because I'm a little curious about some of the things it's been telling me:

Click here for the full 812x637 image.

Should I really be seeing 19.9PSI? I'm running the Stage 1+SF 93 map which has a peak boost target of 17.5 +/- 1.5, making 19.0 the outside of normal. How much pressure can the car sense before it all starts looking the same? It seems to bounce off 19.9 a lot so it either halts there or the car just doesn't know what the hell is going on past that.

The LTFT is a little far from the desired +/- 8 for my taste, too.

Should I back up off this map and just drop down to Stage 1 or back to stock for now, or does none of this look too bad? I kind of suck at logging and still trying to get a feel for what's acceptable with this car, so I'm hoping someone else knows more.

I've noticed that it still has rather inconsistent power delivery. Sometimes it's right there pulling like a rocket, and others there's nothing going on. It also stutters a little, but I'm hoping the new plugs will fix that.

The car looks to be knocking around peak boost and is pulling timing. This is where you will feel your loss in power. There really isnt a set amount of boost you can run on pump gas, its just that the higher you go the less timing you can run. You just need to find where your car is happy and knock free.

Is this your only log? If you have more do they all show the same knock retard? Can you log your timing directly?
AFR is another important one to log, can you log an aftermarket wideband o2 sensor with the AP? If I were you id get a decent wideband setup (~$200) so you can really know how your car is doing.

stikfiga fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU