Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buckeye
Oct 22, 2003
I don't want the world...I just want your half.
Anyone here driven both the new 2010 Mazdaspeed3 model and an 07-09? If so could you comment on the similarities / differences of the clutch and gearshift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckeye
Oct 22, 2003
Are there any Mazdaspeed3 forums that don't suck?

Buckeye
Oct 22, 2003
Had my first chance to drive my 2010 Speed3 in snow this morning (4" or so). Using gen1 OEM wheels with Blizzak LM-22s. No problems at all. Fun stuff.

Buckeye
Oct 22, 2003
The red patterned interior stuff was the only thing I didn't like about the 2010 Speed3. Once I bought the car I could care less about it. If anything its grown on me a bit. And yes buy the black.

Buckeye
Oct 22, 2003
I've got a 2010. I'm not aware of any major issues to watch out for. Great car for the price. I have developed a rattle that seems to come and go somewhere in the upper dash near the windshield since it's gotten cold around here. I haven't done anything about it yet.

Buckeye
Oct 22, 2003
Compared to what? I have the '10 Speed3 and the inside is not what I'd call "plenty big". Adequately sized perhaps. Big enough that you can fit a baby seat behind the passenger side if the front passenger is very small or willing to eat his or her knees while riding along. With that said I love this car and it's actually very practical for what it is. Big and roomy it is not.

Buckeye
Oct 22, 2003
6'2" 190lb. Apparently your Speed3 is larger than mine.

Buckeye
Oct 22, 2003
OK. I'll ask...why is the Mazdaspeed3 not a viable commuter car? It's what I commute in every day. I find it to be an extremely fun "commuter" that still averages 24+ MPG.

Buckeye
Oct 22, 2003
If anyone is looking for a very low mileage black 2010 Mazdaspeed3 with the tech package let me know. I'm selling mine to raise some money for the house we're building. I also have a set of Mazdaspeed3 wheels with TPMS sensors off a 2008 with Blizzak LM-22s.

Buckeye fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckeye
Oct 22, 2003
You should be able to find an entire set of the 18" OEM wheels for $500ish if you watch Craigslist and the forums. Do not buy new.