Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004
Shit happens when you party naked.

joey deere posted:

The difference between a K&N and a regular paper filter is practically nothing though. BITOG did a pressure drop test and found a 0.14% air flow improvement with a K&N over the worst paper filter.
I see a lot of people saying that K&N filters are terrible, but what do those people consider the best filter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004
I got my car @ 14.5k, at 18.3 now with what looks like good tread, not sure if they were replaced right before I bought the car...

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004

Frosty- posted:

Guess who picked a weird-rear end time to spend 600 bucks on loud parts!

I gots me a fly new downpipe to match the catback I put on last summer:

This is making me a little bit squirty.

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Did they switch to recommending 5w20 instead of 5w30 for the '10s?

I've been running Pennzoil Platinum and/or Ultra 5w30 in my '07 with no issues. I might try to find 5w40 in the Pennzoil Platinum / Ultra, though, because while I haven't had any idle smoking, it is a TSB recommended weight and thicker oils hold up better in Arizona.

Do you think 5w40 would be too thick for the N/A 2.0 MZR? Been using 5w30 Pennzoil myself.

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

The ridiculous thing about the RE050As is how much they still cost, when the RS2 will last longer, grip better in all conditions, and just plain kick its rear end everywhere but noise.

They are so stupidly expensive, I don't know why Mazda used them. Every single tire that was on my list of replacements was cheaper including the RE-11 (215/45). The tires I went with feel better in just about every category except noise as well, while being ~$60 cheaper per corner. Crazy.

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004

Sublime Process posted:

Where are you seeing RE-11s cheaper? Tire rack has RE050As at $218 and RE11s at $243 - that's $25 more per tire. :pseudo:

Not sure if these links will work but:
RE050A 215/40/17 $188

RE-11 215/45/17 $184

This was for my MX-5; RE050A doesn't come in 215/45 which was the size I wanted, so I took the price from the closest size..

edit: GRM December issue has a bit about installing a catch-can in the PCV system on the Speed3, and getting a couple ounces :eek: of oil out of it after a dyno day. Is anybody else installing these?

GoblinBomb fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004

SynMoo posted:

Some ignorant cocksucker rear end in a top hat stole the mirror glass out of the passenger side mirror on my speed3. I get upset when people put flyers under my wipers. I want to murder this dick head.

Anyway, I'm having a hard time finding a decent oem parts website. Anyone have any suggestions?

I really like RockAuto.com for OEM parts. They've had everything I've needed for our Grand Am... and I've needed a lot. :suicide: