Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Just "dropped the hammer" on a 06 MS6S , 37k. 1 previous owner, clearly did not do much other than get some odd stains on the seats here or there. Left their "Seven Habits of Highly Boring Audiobooks" or something in the CD player.

I am, for sure, enjoying this ride so far, 'bout to go find some roads to drive. I made the mistake of reading Mazda6Club, so now between here and there I'm expecting the car to explode next time I go to start it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Sorry I cannot comment on the above. The MS6 has proven to be a sweet DD vehicle for me, but I don't put on quite so many miles.

When I start the MS6 up when it is cold it revs up to like 2100 RPM or thereabouts for about 20 - 30 seconds then slowly calms down. Is this normal ?

The vehicle feels like it "hauls rear end" quite a bit more as the engine is warming up. It warms up to half way up the temp gauge pretty quickly, within a few minutes most of the time, but before it gets there and for a while after it arrives, if you are rolling from a stop in first and keep it until 3500 RPM it just takes off. Not that that is the best thing to do with the cold motor but it certainly goes.

Vehicle is stock but the dealership people I have absolutely no trust in, as I found that the coupling between the intercooler and the turbo was not properly bolted (as in the pipe clamp had slid down somewhere) causing a loss of boost and a stupid whistling honk noise. Also my battery cables were not at all tightened to the terminals. I don't know how that wasn't an issue. Anything to look at in particular or just that is how it is...