Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Yeah I'm not positive what my deal is either, so I just sort of keep on truckin'
Current generation Mazda3 (BP) question:

After getting new tires on and an alignment immediately afterwards (5 days ago), my automatic dimming of the instrument panel and center display no longer works. I can manually switch the center display to "Night" and have it dim, but there's no force option for the instrument panel LCD in the car's settings (that I can find).

All of my actual light detection sensors appear to be working -- auto headlights turn on and off as expected, auto high beams turn on and off as expected, turning either of those functions off then on again doesn't have an effect on the interior lighting going dim for "night time, don't blind the driver".

I've googled this and checked reddit, the few people talking about this in current or previous generation Mazda3s seem to be soothed with "just turn down the brightness with the manual buttons behind the wiper stalk" -- but my manual buttons don't do anything with single presses or with holding them down for a few (or even many) seconds.

I imagine leaving the car powered down without the key nearby so that eventually the computer goes into sleep mode may reset things, but that's not really an option with life happening and driving being necessary.

Anyone else run into this? Again to be clear, all actual functions for headlights/high beams work just fine. Is it likely the computer was used for talking to the alignment machine and it's not fully out of diagnostic mode or something?

(Also Pilot Sport 4 AS tires are so much better than the OEM toyo All Seasons)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Yeah I'm not positive what my deal is either, so I just sort of keep on truckin'

Colinrobinson posted:

Current generation Mazda3 (BP) question:

After getting new tires on and an alignment immediately afterwards (5 days ago), my automatic dimming of the instrument panel and center display no longer works. I can manually switch the center display to "Night" and have it dim, but there's no force option for the instrument panel LCD in the car's settings (that I can find).

Update: Forcing a hard computer reset through unplugging the battery did the trick, hope it doesn't happen again!