Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Scotty Kilmer (car guy) on youtube recommends some sort of high pitch sound making box.
You can extension cord a home one or there are ones for cars, but they may sap battery after awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

SkyeAuroline posted:

Increasingly sure this car exists to spite me. Finally threw a warning light - stopped at a gas station, on starting it back up it threw a check engine, battery (alternator?), and power steering light all at once. Turned off and back on, went away. Didn't have a code reader on hand to check at the time.

Of course, dealerships have closed service as of today until Jan 10, because that's how the timing always works.
Don't most chain auto parts stores read codes for free?

I have wanted a Mazda for years, probably a 6 or hatchback. I'm giant for 6'2" (I've sat in the 3 and it's more roomy than I thought it would be but not quite enough for max comfort)

I currently have a 2006 buick lacrosse I bought from my grandmother for 5k that had 27k miles at the time.
Up to 57k now, but I just kind of hate it and want infotainment and leather and a better ride.

I really wanted the new skyactive, but they're still testing in europe..?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I did not know cx30 existed!

I sat in mazda 3, 6, and 2 suvs at a dealer and now I read the cx30 has more driver right knee room.

I hate when there's a semi sharp edge where my knee wants to be.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Fabulousity posted:

In other news the Skyactiv inline 6 appears to be real and will be an option in the upcoming CX-5 refresh. Or maybe it'll be CX-50? Who knows I guess they're in the middle of renaming everything.
I've been eagerly awaiting the new skyactive that gets ~48mpg that's supposedly been tested in Europe for 3-4 years now?
May get a Toyota rav4 at this rate

Test drove a few but nothing quite gave me the right knee room I wanted with the console corner in the way.

Also interested in Tesla Y bit I don't know where I can sit in one.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I finally bought a Mazda
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium Package FWD
It's got leather and loads of tech.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

No, but I have a 2021 (non turbo) cx-30 premium I really like.

The seats are great, Bose sounds good, I like the command knob, the plastic trim doesn't bother me.

I used cerakote wipes on the black plastic trim.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

kefkafloyd posted:

How has the piano black held up? It’s the one donwnside of the interior space I noticed when test driving. I’ve seen aftermarket replacements, but i have no clue about the quality. I was really impressed with the interior—coming from a cloth hatchback it was like I was transported into a luxury car that cost $10K more than this.

I noticed it doesn’t come with a cargo cover (like my Mazda 3 hatch does) but it can be bought separately. Is it worthwhile?
The black plastic got dirty daily until I treated it, you really need to get an even coat on a pristine surface though, I left just a few imperfections only I would notice. That coat will wear down eventually supposed to last 2 years or something, but road salt seems to stick to it now.

I love the interior and do not have a cargo cover, I am interested in some sort of cargo net system for groceries though, if it has something like that.

This isn't the detail thread but I spent a few hundred on supplies for it, currently trying the hybrid solutions ceramic coat, shits cheap and YouTubers seem to think it's the most hydrophobic and lasts a long time for how cheap it is.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

- if you leave it unlocked it will start screaming its head off about a low battery warning even if its hooked up to a trickle charger (software bug imo)
- if you leave the keyfob in the garage or nearby it will also throw battery warnings, I camp a lot and a small campsite with keys in tent will cause it
On my 2021 cx-30 I took it back to the dealer and they showed me a report that said it was caused from when the doors were opened too often, and especially the back hatch, It puts the car in a "ready mode" for 20-30 minutes that can drain your battery.

I just started cleaning my car interior with the doors closed instead of opening everything at once.

It kinda sucks, I charged the battery to 100% with a high end charger and then cleaned my car (all doors open) and it read low. That's the one thing I dislike about my Mazda.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I'll have to check mine, I'm up to like 11k and haven't noticed anything on my 2021 cx-30
I'm due for my 2nd oil change since I bought it any day now.

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 15, 2022

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

That's why I got my Mazda through Costco auto (buying) program

You can get a better deal by putting dealers against each other and haggling, but for my first new car it was nice agreeing to their price and then paying it with no fuss. It's a free service too (with membership)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I'm 6'2" and drive a 2021 cx-30 and only have an inch or 2 to the roof with my preferred seating position, but it was better than anything else I tried for leg room without getting something that seats more than 4-5

(It sucks to sit behind me but it can be done, I even fit but it's cramped because I'm all the way back)

I told the dealer I wanted a car where my right knee didn't touch and he told me that he'd never heard that before and started pointing me to trucks and family vans.

I've driven certain vehicles that put a hard sharp bezel or something right there where your knee is and that's rough on long trips!