Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
Oooooh, let me get in on this.

This DJ mix was recorded live off the boards at my friend's house on New Year's Eve. I had a glass to my right that people would pour alcohol in as a token of gratitude for awesome music, and you can hear the alcohol start to take effect here and there with the occasional lack of bass or un-beatmatched track. I blame the mysterious Minnesotan hipster with a bottle of absinthe.

This mix is of specific interest because it was the first time I performed using Traktor as opposed to Live, and I think I did a pretty good job of it. It was entirely free-form, and you can hear me having a lot of fun with the filters.

Listen

Genre: Progressive house, electro, French touch
BPM: 127
Equipment: Dell Latitude D620 "Phoebus," M-Audio Series II Trigger Finger, Native Instruments Traktor v3.4
Recorded on: Dec. 31, 2008
Total run time: 1:13:30

[0:00:00] poo poo Disco - 72 Virgins (The Bloody Beetroots remix)
[0:03:49] Kid Cudi - Day 'N Nite (Crookers remix)
[0:08:06] The Presets - My People (D.I.M. remix)
[0:13:40] Daft Punk - Around The World (Kid Dub remix)
[0:19:18] KIM - By The Time They Reach You (Bag Raiders remix)
[0:23:35] Felguk - Whatever Clever
[0:30:08] Savant Garde - Trigger Happy (Acquavivas remix)
[0:35:26] Better Sounding On Drugs - This Is The Hook
[0:40:28] Nine Inch Nails - Capital G (Epworth Phones' "666 Revolutions" remix)
[0:46:29] Steve Angello & Roman Salzger - Sincerely Yours
[0:52:02] Crookers - Big Money Comin'
[0:55:49] Justice - D.A.N.C.E. (Justice remix)
[0:59:56] Daft Punk - Alive
[1:03:59] Bag Raiders - Fun Punch (Whitenoise remix)
[1:08:45] Danger - 14h54

Enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

Vernacular posted:

why would you label this as progressive house?

because I don't know genres that well :ssh:

• Locked thread