Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

Another fantastic mix Threatis, I also always find several tracks in your mixes that I just have to trainspot for myself to play out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

vanilla slimfast posted:

Somewhat on topic: Every year a message board I run does a "worst mix" competition. This year's entries are up, if you want to hear the hilarity. The main rule is that they have to be under 30 minutes long.

http://tr.im/ilSe

They're so bad they're good...maybe

rihanna into smack my bitch up in that first mix is great

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

ManoliIsFat posted:

Haha yup that's him. I've never seen a DJ more drunk/not able to handle his being drunk and spinning than him. I'll check your mix of course though cuz you gotta rep for the junglist crew.

Hahahaha Calculon played a party here in Charlotte last weekend and he drank half a bottle of Maker's Mark and started shouting at people out of the car window among other stupid drunk poo poo (nagl). Dude definitely has no control but at least I got left with the other half of that Maker's Mark.

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

Everything about going out and meeting the locals is completely true. You don't really have to 'hustle' but if you're not a headliner then it's about who you know, and that's it. Don't be afraid to get to know the DJs and promoters throwing parties around town, it's your only ticket to getting booked.

It's definitely a commitment as usually you want to support other locals, network when possible and so forth but over time but it will pay back in folds. Fact is spending a few nights hanging out and getting to know the locals at the bar will count FAR more than a mix ever will. There are plenty of locals that play every week and have never put out a mix but they can draw crowds since they know so many people.

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

IanTheM posted:

My new remix ep is out, check it out, download it, enjoy it:
http://strangersong.bandcamp.com/

Nice chill/opening material. Going to probably drop a track from your EP tomorrow night since I'm opening up the big NYE party here.

• Locked thread