Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
come closer im a goon
Jun 3, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump
While Canada is similar in alot of respects to Australia, I actually hail from Australia :)

aboot

jonmitz posted:

Here is a tech/techno mix I just did. It's more of the darker/trippy stuff, and I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me feedback on if they liked the tracks, and anything similar to these tracks that I could check out. I'm just getting into this genre, so I know theres a lot of good tracks out there that I haven't heard.

Download: http://www.awesometownradio.com/jonmitz/mixes/TF3/TurbulentFlow3_JonMitzman.mp3

Length: 1:19:18
Quality: 320 kbps

Tracklist:
1 Doiicie A - Minilogue
2 Disco BZRK - Kabale Und Liebe
3 Serenetti (Maetrik Bass Rework) - Trentemoller
4 Valkanizateur - Valentino Kanzyani
5 Industry Part 2 (Perfect Stranger Remix) - RPO, David Weed
6 N!ce (Object Object Remix) - Yapacc
7 Drift (Inspirations Take I & II) - Par Grindvik
8 Fame (D-Unity Footwork Dub Mix) - Sebastien Gazaille
9 No Panic (Ahmet Sendil Remix) - Neuroxyde
10 Black Soul - D-Vission
11 The Light - Maetrik
12 Mess Hypnosis - Remute
13 Nervous Man - Mike Spaccavento
14 Not Here - Robin Hirte
15 Black Is Black - Milton Channels
16 Take That (Orkestratated's 'TFU' Remix) T-Rek, The Freakshow
Community Group
17 Thrapp (Marco G & Amin Golestan Remix) - PTFA, Paul Thomas Fun
18 Drugs and Stuff - Eric Entrena, D-Unity
19 Terra Nosa - The Advent, Industrialy
20 Bulerias - Superslut
21 Modern World (Mememento Remix) Friends Connection
22 Diablo - Oliver Huntemann, Dub
23 The Cat - Dusty Kid (finally stuck this in a mix, been wanting to for a long while)

Also if anyone can help me obtain this song:
Paul Johnson - Booty Call (Troy Pierce remix)

I will check this out too when I get a minute. N!ce (Object Object Remix) - Yapacc is one hell of a track.

T-rek is also a local DJ around here in Melbourne. The more you know. Orkestrated are loving poo poo though, they play the most boring cheesy electro house / champagne girly house you could imagine. Their "remixes" are loving terrible and they honestly don't deserve any recognition for doing anything at all and I hope they fade out of the scene as fast as they entered it.

I'm not even being jealous, they're really that bad.

come closer im a goon fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

come closer im a goon
Jun 3, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump
^^ cool track list, I just played that Holding the moth remix out a bit ago, had a really good reaction.

I've got a bit of listening to do when I get some time.

jonmitz posted:

I don't keymark my songs when I burn them to CDs, since I never worry about harmonic mixing when I'm at a party (thats NOT saying I don't listen to what my ears tell me, this gets misinterpreted a lot) since I don't want to be limited by what keys I'm in. Sometimes I will run my songs through audio programs that determine the key and I only use it when I can't find a good way to transitions between songs.

I for some reason seem to meet a lot of people who think harmonic mixing is, seriously, the ONLY thing you should worry about while spinning

If that makes sense...

I'm exactly the same, the few songs that I do mix that are melodic based are interspersed between techier songs that rely on rhythm more so than melodic hooks, so it's alot easier to create an ebb and flow with the set and really make the songs that have a melodic feel stand out and make a mark with the listener.

Harmonic mixing is bit of a waste of time. To each their own though and I've tried it, it just seemed really forced for me and stifled my creativity a poo poo load.

Also for anyone that is interested created this set a couple of days ago:

quote:

Kultrun - Ten Times
Sascha Braemer - Around
I:cube - Supernovac
Marshall Jefferson vs Noosa Heads - Mushrooms (Justin Martin Remix)
Gimikk - Wefunk Refunk
Daniel Stefanik - Effercescing Elephant
Daniel Steinberg - I like to Be (Marcus Meinhardt Remix)
Eric Entrena, D-Unity - Drugs and Stuff
Ludovic Vendi - Limbo (Henry Saiz Remix)
Marco Esse - 0.8
Marion Krupa - Oyama (Upnoise Remix)
Meat Katie - Stop the Revolution (Dubfire Remix)
Marshall - Dr. Flute (Mark Broom Remix)
Gabry T. - Twareg goes Crazy
Kultrun - Personal Space

link here

Starts housier and gets a little bit head loving at the end.

That I:cube track is so good it should be illegal.

come closer im a goon fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 8, 2009

come closer im a goon
Jun 3, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

:toot:

That's some deep rear end techno. How did I miss this remix on beatport?

edit: Because it's not on loving beatport that's why :mad:

edit edit: Ohh it's the Mazi remix. Buying now.

come closer im a goon fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 10, 2009

• Locked thread