Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

etard knievel posted:

:words:

That's some pretty insane poo poo. Who would even think of assaulting a DJ just because he's not playing music you like?

Jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
I've never done a mix below ~115 BPM before, so I did some IDM/Dubstep/Hip Hop today.

1. Adam Freeland - Do You (Pantyraid Remix)
2. French Affair - I Can't Say Goodbye (TZR's Bootleg RMX)
3. Kid Cudi & Nosaj Thing - Man on the Moon
4. Samples - CrateV
5. Fever Ray - When I Grow Up (Bassnectar Remix)
6. Royksopp - Tricky Tricky (Fine Cut Bodies Rework)
7. Lil Wayne - A Milli (Excision & Datsik Remix)

http://soundcloud.com/four/downtempo-mix-10-22-09

nah thanks fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 23, 2009

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

wayfinder posted:

Is this the new PUA thread? ShoodZ being cocky with a few HR8.5s, Threatis negging trance... who's gonna be the Alpha?!?!

The irony is that most (successful) DJs in the real world don't engage in this sort of retarded dick waving.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Threatis posted:

hahahaha yeah ok. you'd be shocked how much trash talk goes on.

You'll notice the qualifier I included with my statement -- but yes, the normal club DJs are trash talk central.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Threatis posted:

here's a fun one:who's got the local DJ who sucks sooooo much balls, but is so much their own biggest fan that they braggadocio it up harder than anyone else.

Here we got a dude who has been trying to be the biggest thing for so long that when you hype something and flop miserably, we call it "pulling a <insert idiots dj name>".

I don't "get" that sort of braggadocio among local DJs. You're a loving DJ. It's totally cool but let's be honest here: there are few jobs in music that are easier, particularly with digital DJ software. If you're a producer or something that's one thing, but I don't get it with straight up DJs (folks like Jazzy Jeff or the Birdy Nam Nam cats excluded, of course).

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Threatis posted:

ah yessir, the powerhouse team of jazzy jeff and birdy nam nam.

Hahahahahahahaha really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Threatis posted:

I'm just suprised that those are the two names you chose. not saying their bad, just the combination is hysterical.

Oh in that case totally. I literally just plucked the first two talented turntabalists I could think of out of thin air. Would you prefer a more cliche Shadow/Rupture combo?

• Locked thread