Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_psychologist
Jul 28, 2004
~~Bush is a Dick.....Cheney~~
drat, I wish I had discovered this thread sooner.

I've been DJing for 10+ years - Vinyl for 8 of those years, went digital with an iBook and Traktor 2 and finally settled on Live 7 w/ a MIDI contoller.

I don't play out these days, but I still do many mixes in an effort to get a good library of stuff together that I can revisit for years to come.

Here's a Tech-House/Trance/Progressive/Dub/wtf? mix for you. Apologies for the generic name, but I haven't had motivation to do a concept.

http://the-psychologist.com/mixes/minitechlectro08192008.mp3

lame api
2+ hours
315MB

artists include: Trentemoller, Apparat, Joris Voorn, Vibrasphere, Ticon, Extrawelt, lots more

I wish I had left out the Audiojack remix, but otherwise it may be the best mix I've ever done.

Enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_psychologist
Jul 28, 2004
~~Bush is a Dick.....Cheney~~
I may get laughed out of SA for this, but here's a UK Hardcore/Trancecore mix that showcases a few artists from the late 90s who pushed the boundaries of the style in a huge way. If you cannot deal with 180 BPM and occasional uplifting piano, then stay away. But overall it's a filthy, melodic, cerebral voyage through Helix, Fury and their many guises. It was basically a way for me to set down in stone the majority of their music and maybe turn on new people to what they did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been a fan of Helix, Fury and their many projects since the late 90s. They put out some of the most diverse and original Hardcore ever to grace my ears. Their music is a unique blend of Hardcore, Trance, DnB, Gabber and Acid, which is rounded out by some straight-up psychedelic synth usage.

As a tribute, I assembled a 2+ hour mix through their music. I tried to showcase the tracks, but I did do some edits and sneaky mixes where needed to make it all work. I made sure to include all those freaky B-sides to help diversify a mix this long.

Please download and let me know what you think.

http://the-psychologist.com/mixes/the_psychologist_-_helix&fury.mp3
(300MB lame api MP3)

----------- Movement I -----------
Slam & Helix - Sikkakiks (ST22)
DJ Fury - Ear Drum (ST26)
Helix - Now Control (ST25)
Helix - Helixia (ST18)
DJ Fury & Helix - Supernatural (ST17)
DJ Fury - Droppin' Bombs (GBT11)
Slam And Helix - Influence (Bonkers Unreleased Edit) (BKR08)
Helix & Fury - Sanctus Dominus (XY12)
Helix & Fury - Movement IV (ST23)
DJ Fury & Helix - Y Not (ST17)
Helix & Fury - Clusterz Revenge (ST31)
D-Zyne & Fury - Hyperhydrosis (XY06)
Square Wave - Tekno Chant (ST32)
Helix & Tekno Dred - Mindless Pleasure (ST23)
AG Systems - Unda Ground (ST29)
----------- Movement II -----------
DJ Fury - Lemonade Raygun (FDN08)
AG Systems - Active Tekno (ST32)
Square Wave - God's Broth (ST30)
Helix & Fury - e = xy˛ (XY12)
Helix & Tekno Dred - Noise & Music (ST12)
DJ Fury - Dallas (ST26)
Helix & Fury - Insane Asylum (ST31)
Helix & Astral - Fuktup (ST14)
Ad Man & Tekno Dred - A Voice Spoke To Me (Helix mix) (ST27)
Square Wave - Like A Criminal (ST30)
DJ Fury - Lemonade Raygun (Back Room Mix) (ST28)
Helix - Cluster (ST27)

Hope it takes you on a trip.

Cheers

• Locked thread