Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xpander
Sep 2, 2004
Genres: Tech and Prog for the end of civilization
Length: 71:27
Quality: 192Kbps
Size: 98 MB

I was trying to put together a loving-on-the-beach set for some friends of mine, but was really vibin' on a tech-house tip, so this is what happened. The original mix had a chill dubstep intro, but it clashed and I couldn't figure out how to make it work. Also I forgot 3 tracks. After spending a couple hours in Ableton, it seems to be listenable. Here it is, in its full length glory:

Glyph - Urban Decay

There's a bass flip about halfway through that sucks, but I can't be bothered to fix it. Tracklist:

16 Bit Lolitas - More Horizons
Lewie Day - The Thousandth Typhoon
Etiket - Revelation
Manuel Tur - Vabanque(Stimming Remix)
Jerome Sydenham & Tiger Stripes - Elevation(Ink & Needles Remix)
Shlomi Aber & Itamar Sagi - Blonda(Funk D'Void Remix)
Sidekick - Deep Fear(Alberto Fracasso Remix)
Robert Babicz - Enjoy
Kriece & David Basek - Girl Fight(Stallos Remix)
M.I.D.I. & Mowree feat. Valika - Touch Me(Dub Touch Remix)
Biologik - Liberty Heights

Any and all feedback is appreciated. I hope you enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xpander
Sep 2, 2004

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

Cool, biologik is a friend of mine. He'll be happy to know people are actually playing his tracks!

Heck yeah, he's got pretty good chops. I'll play his stuff any time! If he has anything new he'd like listened to or played out, I am willing and able. :)

xpander
Sep 2, 2004
I too will voice my approval of this fine set. Check's in the mail, I'm sure.

Now I definitely need to finish the last half of my new mix.

xpander
Sep 2, 2004
Genre: Techno, Tech House, Progressive House

Some pretty driving tunes to propel you through the last of our summer days. I'm extremely pleased with the mixing, I think it was worth the effort. Fitting this many tracks into 70 minutes' worth of music is exciting for me.

Glyph - Urban Decay 2

Dich - When She Goes
Fergie - Break-Out
Pig & Dan - Cubes
Rodriguez Jr. - Elderaek
Sasha & Adam Parker - Lowlife
Jerome Sydenham & Nagano Kitchen - GSXR 810(Adam Beyer Remix)
Andreas Henneberg - Waters(Pierce Remix)
Break - It's Coming
Dactilar - Ethernal
Pan-Pot - Crank(Zander VT remix)
RPO & David Weed - Cenote(Part 1)
Andersen & Borelli ft. Bjork - Hidden Place
*Shlomi Aber - Efrat
Gui Sheffer - Time of Life(Michael & Levan remix)
*Hector Couto - Mojo Rojo
Tanseer - Don't Fall(Sonic Syndrome remix)
Umek - Center of Gravity(Soliquid remix)
Office Gossip - Time Against Me

I threw a party in the mountains a few weekends ago, and played a lot of tracks in this style, and it went over pretty well. No recording, sadly, as we had a pretty bare-bones mixer.

xpander
Sep 2, 2004

Vernacular posted:

this track is huge. i'll give it a listen

I do love that pair of tracks, as well as Anon of course. It's mixed in and out pretty quick, but it's there. :)

xpander
Sep 2, 2004

Rivfader posted:

New Mix.

Spacey minimal-techno with lots of subbass.

Feedback: I like it a lot, very nifty techno sounds. Mixing is top-notch as well. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

xpander
Sep 2, 2004

ShoodZ posted:

Just trying to hype the mix a bit. A tracklist and the length and size of the mix hasn't really given me any response in this thread so far - thereby removing the whole idea of me posting a mix here.

Where I come from, everyone is a DJ and everyone is putting out poo poo mixes with the same tracklists and tunes. It's not really meant to be taken seriously, more like an overdone teaser.

Also, I think my description of the mix is pretty accurate, which means you know what you are getting...except what genre you are getting it in.

Unsurprisingly, you come off as a douche when your method of "hype" trashes on other genres. Is that really necessary? I'm not sure why you expected anything other than the reaction you got.

xpander
Sep 2, 2004

ShoodZ posted:

I didn't really expect people to read that much into it. In Denmark (where I reside) all the DJ's are these little phiz people who does everything so different and cool and spend the first half of the mix building it up with weird German minimal tracks and then they drop last weeks Beatport top 10 - mixing it worse than iTunes' built-in crossfader function does.

I've been following this thread for quite some time and haven't really heard any mixes who has the style that mine does (please correct me if Im wrong) so I copy/pasted my intro words from the Danish placed that I posted it and hoped you guys would get the tongue-in-cheek humour.

I am in no way attempting to undermine the great DJ's who post in this thread and has way more experience and knowledge than me - simply trying to make you download my mix , listen to it and give some feedback so I know where to improve.

I think maybe the packaging was a little off, then. It comes off as pretty ballsy, more overbearing than flippant. It sounds like your intent is good, which is cool. I'll give it a listen. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xpander
Sep 2, 2004
I did a guest spot for my good friends at Nueva Digital, which aired on their di.fm show in December. Deep/prog/tech house all day long.

https://soundcloud.com/nuevadigital/nueva-radio-show-241-guest-mix
01.Versa - Geometrics [On The Edge]
02.Michael A - The Light Goes On [3rd Avenue]
03.MUUI - Back To Yours [Crossfrontier Audio]
04.Rich Curtis - Flannel Lime Parade(Dosem remix) [Mesmeric]
05.Chris Domingo - Allure [Nueva Deep]
06.Positive Addiction - Bittersweet(Kiwamu remix) [Nueva Deep]
07.MUUI - A Perfect Circle(Kaap De Goede Hoop remix) [Outside The Box]
08.Stephen J Kroos - Amygdala [Particles]
09.Blusoul feat Amber Long - The Future Is Yours(Poison Pro Deep Dub remix) [99percent Recordings]
11.Louis Kolben - Don't Lost Your Way(Eelke Kleijn remix) [Outside The Box]
12.Kieran J - Can't You See(Namatjira remix) [Asymmetric Records]
13.Yuriy From Russia - Sunrise Girl(Peter Portal remix) [Nueva Deep]

Enjoy!

• Locked thread