Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Portfolio
Dec 10, 2004
The Department of Redundancy Department
I posted a mix in the last thread, but the link never worked and I never got any feedback, and I'd like to hear what people have to say about it.

Portfolio posted:

So I finished my first mix I actually like enough to share with people. I don't actually have talent, so this is all done with Ableton Live, not with turntables or anything.

Anyway, the idea is that it's supposed to be dancy as hell, so if at any point this mix does not make you feel like jumping up and dancing like a maniac, please let me know, so I can excise it. It's mostly house or house-related stuff, but towards the middle it gets sort of ravey acid techno, and towards the end it's all over the place, but hopefully in a good way. An abnormal number of the artists I used turned out to be French, somehow (or at least Quebecois). Normally I don't like using more than one track by any one artist, but I made an exception here for remixes.

It's about an hour long. Any and all feedback appreciated.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xdygf9mtdmw

Tracklist:

Intro
Tenderoni - Chromeo
Travailler (Orgasmic remix) - TTC
Mothership Reconnection (feat. Parliament / Funkadelic) (Daft Punk remix) - Scott Grooves
Talkin' All That Jazz (Torti's Old Skool Mix of Edits dub) - Stetsasonic
The Salmon Dance (Hervé remix) - The Chemical Brothers
High Life - Daft Punk
Cassius 99 (remix) - Cassius
Gay Dentists - Mr. Oizo
You Gonna Want Me - Tiga
Work on You - MSTRKRFT
Electronic Battle Weapon 1 (It Doesn't Matter) - The Chemical Brothers
Sweat - The Micronauts
The Prime Time of Your Life (Para One remix) - Daft Punk
Outrage - Thomas Bangalter
Where's Your Head At - Basement Jaxx
You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) - Dead or Alive
It's Like That (Jason Nevins remix) - Run-D.M.C.
XR2 - M.I.A.
Eight Sum - Amon Tobin
Disco Infiltrator - LCD Soundsystem
Actionist Respoke - Mouse on Mars
ZDRLT (Rewind) - Digitalism
Outro

Also, if anyone has any tips on how to tidily split this up into tracks, let me know. If I just render them as separate tracks in Ableton, iTunes seems to drop the slightest, but noticeable, instant of music, making the transitions awkward if you're paying any sort of attention. Winamp doesn't seem to have a problem, but my worry is that the lowest common denominators out there are all using iTunes anyway, so it might as well sound right for them too.

:sax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portfolio
Dec 10, 2004
Title (Any Additional Information) - Artist

Portfolio
Dec 10, 2004
Here's a little something I whipped up recently:

http://soundcloud.com/teletran/rhythm-stealth-a-ninja-tune-mixx

2010 marks the 20th anniversary of Ninja Tune, one of the badassest record labels around. Here's a mix I made of some of my favourite Ninja cuts, including stuff from their imprints Big Dada and Counter. It covers almost as many genres as Ninja Tune itself does. A funkhop dubtronic drumnbass rapstep delight!

Tracklist:
Mr. Scruff - Zen (feat. Skuff & Inja)
The Herbaliser - Gadget Funk
The Heavy - How You Like Me Now?
Kid Koala - Slew Test 2 / The Slew - Robbing Banks (Doin' Time)
DJ Vadim - The Terrorist (feat. Moshun Man)
Two Fingers - Fools Rhythm
The Qemists - Stompbox
DJ Kentaro - Trust
Noisia - Sunhammer (feat. Amon Tobin)*
Amon Tobin - Manta Focus Rehab Boot
Hexstatic - Distorted Minds (feat. Juice Aleem) (zero dB remix)
Spank Rock - Bump (feat. Amanda Blank) (Switch remix)
Coldcut & Hexstatic - Timber (Seiji remix)
Grupo Batuque - É Ruim (zero dB reconstruction)*
Anti-Pop Consortium - Volcano (Four Tet remix)
King Cannibal - Aragami Style
Amon Tobin - Verbal (feat. MC Decimal R)
The Bug - Angry (feat. Tippa Arie)
Spank Rock - Backyard Betty (Two Fingers remix)
Coldcut - Give It Up
DJ Food - Dark Lady
Roots Manuva - Join the Dots (feat. Chali 2na)
The Herbaliser - The Blend (feat. What What)
Mr. Scruff - Music Takes Me Up (feat. Alice Russell)

*A few tracks aren't on Ninja Tune strictly speaking, but they feature or are remixed by some key Ninjas, so I figure they count.

Portfolio
Dec 10, 2004
This is a good mix, but uh, you know you're allowed to use the original mix of a song, right? You don't have to use a remix just for the sake of it.

(I mean, I love me some Boys Noize, but his remix of 'Swoon' is pretty pointless, imo. He does nothing interesting with it. Of course, I'm completely gay for the Chemical Brothers, so take that as you will.)

• Locked thread