Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigmund Fraud
Jul 31, 2005

My laptop's the only source of music at most parties, so figured it'd be nice to beatmatch songs together (and perhaps other basic stuff). I kinda figure I need another sound card since my built-in only got a single channel out. What kind should I get? I have an L-shaped ExpressCard slot, but I guess using a USB port would work fine too. Does the sound card need two outgoing channels or could I use my laptop's built in without any problem? Should I get a cheap or expensive sound card? If I get an expensive card (which for me would be anything over 50€ :)), it'd be nice if it was an ExpressCard since my built in has pretty poor sound quality and then I keep it plugged in for watching movies on the bus and whatnot.

My laptop's about a year and half old, scoring straight 5s in Vista's built-in testing.

Got any suggestion for software? I've been recommended Tracktor, but it looks quite complicated.

I really don't know anything, so please tell me other stuff I should think of.

I made an A/T thread without knowing this one existed, and was directed here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread