Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
egg job for the USDA in CA, CO and OR. goes to gs-8 on the OPM payscale and is cool + good. ask me questions in PM’s but all applications have to be through these links:

https://go.usa.gov/xVmfF

https://go.usa.gov/xVmfS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Seeking

Location: Olympia, WA, willing to commute 30ish miles in any direction, possibly further if the job is right

Education: BS - Mathematics

Experience: ~10 years working in quality/training in FDA regulated production (cGMP) environment (plasma center to be specific) with a short stint working in tissue banking. Quite a bit of experience managing employees in the day to day operations of facility. Not so much experience in the HR or dealing with contractors/vendors side of things. Spent majority of my time training, auditing, evaluating, and correcting employees/processes.

Looking for: Something similar, but basically whatever. Would prefer something that's more on the office work side of things. Currently about to start a new job at another plasma center, but entry level phlebotomy, and I'd rather not be doing production work.

Willing to relocate? No, I relocated here due to my fiancee getting her dream job, so I think we're going to be here for a while. I am open to remote or lots of travel, however.

Contact: PM or quote with a method of contact I can apply to.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Job Seeker

Location: Dallas/Fort Worth (or anywhere with a better climate, if willing to relocate me)

Education: Bachelor of Arts, Communication - New Media

Summary: I've spent the last 5 years at an Ecommerce company, the first 4 were setting up our sales (researching products, finding/writing specifications, making sure photography did their poo poo and covering for them if I needed to) and now I schedule what we're selling (talking to our buyers and product managers about what we have and what prices we can set to meet profit goals). I also spent a lot of time shooting/editing videos and doing a bunch of engagement stuff with our community of customers like livestreams and photoshop contests.

Previous: 2 years of graphic design and product development for a lamp company that supplied stores like Target, Walmart, and Costco; created vector files for lampshade designs, 3D models for lamp bodies, photoshops for store display designs, researched design trends and materials.

What I want: Something dealing with the internet/video games/film/TV would be cool but idgaf about the industry as long as the environment is decent. I love graphic design but I don't want to be a full-time graphic designer, so a creative role in marketing or product design or whatever that uses graphic design as a bonus would be perfect.

What I need: Full-time, health insurance, within an hour of Irving, TX (no Frisco or Plano), something not soul draining

Available: Immediately.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Company: Citizen
Role: iOS or Android Engineer

The public-safety app Citizen is in need of (IC2+) iOS and Android engineers to develop a host of new features to address natural disasters, such as the fires in California. The pay and benefits are pretty generous, and it’s a “value-focused” company if you care about that sort of thing.

I recently started working there as a Real-Time Notification Reporter––basically listening to police scanners and writing push notifications about crimes and other emergencies––and it’s pretty neat. Nothing else quite like it.

PM me or quote me with an email to contact for more details.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Company: Inspire
Role: Many

Inspire is a social network for health. We have 240 communities, largely disease specific, and about 2M members. We're focusing on hiring locally, though exceptional remote candidates are okay too. Local candidates are expected to be in the office for fairly generous base hours (10-4) with a solid WFH policy (2 days a week after 6mo). We have been around for about 15 years. I think it's a great place to work, and the satisfaction of helping people is a plus.

Open roles:
BD Director (BD is truly remote for everyone)
BD Manager (BD is truly remote for everyone)
Marketing Manager - SEO
Product Marketing Manager - Growth and Engagement
Patient Reported Outcomes Curator
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Systems Adminstrator
UX Designer
VP Data Science

It's not explicitly posted and/or not posted yet, but we're also pretty much constantly hiring front and back end engineers. And a mid-level data scientist (3-5 yrs experience? Preferably health data or social network).

PM me for details or where to send resume.

Lando Kardashian
Jul 11, 2007

pissidential

Seeking

Location: Brooklyn, NY. Willing to commute to Queens or Manhattan

Education: BA - Political Science

Experience: 8 years of experience various Sales, Market Research, Real Estate leasing, Business Development, Customer Relations, Marketing and Business Strategy/Development positions. A bit of a jack of all trades type.

Looking for: I am currently running two small businesses (Residential apartment leasing and a hemp product manufacturer) and I really enjoy the idea of managing a business to spur efficiency and growth. I would like to pivot away from just pure Sales jobs unless its Salary + Commission. Something related to Business Development, Creative Director, Business Strategy, Finance, Consulting etc. My motivation is to go from a filthy gun-for-hire 1099 vagrant and have some more stability as I settle into my 30s this year. I also have experience in Creative Writing and have taken classes for it.

What I really want: Salary, 401k or at the very least some health insurance.

Willing to relocate? No, just signed a lease for a new apartment in Brooklyn

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
oh hey I forgot this thread existed JOB SEEKER

Location: Eastern Iowa but assuming any job available would be remote

Education: Ph.D. in Social Science, U.S.-focused research

Experience: I have done a strange variety of things, including: federal immigration work, college lecturing, political campaign work, sketch comedy, independent professional wrestling.

Looking for: Potentially any job that does not legally require a license or degree I do not possess

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Resurrecting this thread in case anyone happens to pop in. I like my job and it's stable, but there are a bunch of odd changes happening way up and I don't know if I want to stick around for the upcoming turbulence.

Location: Manhattan, New York (willing to commute anywhere in the northern half of Brooklyn too)

Education: BA in Liberal Studies (can't say it really applies to anything I do, but it is from an accredited school and has got me through the door in a couple places that require a bachelor's)

Experience: Front-end web development and Communications. Right now I have a job that's a good blend of the two, where it's more project management and comms work but I still code a lot when needed. I think I might be past the time when I want to just do web development all day at work and skill-building in my downtime, but I have strong fundamentals and am very familiar with modern development so any ratio of dev work to regular staff work could fit. I work for a ~highly regarded university~ right now, and have good startup and agency experience too.

The reason I thought I'd try here is because I am 95% work from home right now and don't want to lose that flexibility. I'm not expecting 95% again, but it's really really hard to tell what the wfh policy is from recruiters and job postings. Some promise you tons of flexibility but when things start rolling suddenly it's like "well it's crunch time now so we needs butts in seats, but we pinky promise lots of flexible time later!". Or, they just don't mention it at all because they don't want people applying who are unwilling or unable to come in ever. It feels weird to ask about during interviews when they are still making decisions. I work well with others on-site in the office, but just prefer a couple remote days.

Basically if anyone has the inside scoop on anything in nyc that matches the above, let me know.

Please email me at mmac4th@gmail.com to connect. Thanks!

life is a joke fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 16, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
If you have platinum I can PM you, otherwise you need to put some contact information down.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Ah right, I forgot PMs were platinum only. I added my email address to the post.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Who we are: Citizen, a public-safety app
Where we are: Financial District, NYC

The app company Citizen is expanding rapidly, and there are a bunch of open positions.

Engineering Manager
Backend Engineer
Lead UX Researcher
HR Business Partner
Head of Marketing
Product Marketing Manager

PM me or quote this with an email address for a referral.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Posting in case job posters browse still through the thread.

Job Seeker

My experience: 20 years working in IT, roughly 10 working in management/business development. Helped a new MSP grow from $0 to over $1m revenue in 3 years. Help desk, Linux/Windows system administration, sales engineering, executive-level, MSP management, documentation, sales support, process and procedure efficiency, workplace analytics, public speaking.

What I'm looking for: Operations or process-focused role where I can help an IT department become more efficient and effective

What I'm NOT looking for: End user-facing roles (e.g. systems/helpdesk escalation), software engineering, direct sales

Where I live: Sonoma County, California

Where I'm looking: Sonoma County, California OR the Greater Seattle Area

When I can start: Shortly OR After moving to Seattle area; relocation help is a big plus but not required

Requirements: Full-time, regular business hours schedule, paternity leave and occasional WFH possibility are big pluses

Can be reached via: Forums PM or email: christopher @ poeticsonline.net

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 28, 2020

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)

FreshFeesh posted:

Posting in case job posters browse still through the thread.

Job Seeker

My experience: 20 years working in IT, roughly 10 working in management/business development. Helped a new MSP grow from $0 to over $1m revenue in 3 years. Help desk, Linux/Windows system administration, sales engineering, executive-level, MSP management, documentation, sales support, process and procedure efficiency, workplace analytics, public speaking.

[...]

Can be reached via: Forums PM or email: christopher @ poeticsonline.net

I responded to you from a throwaway email address that I no longer have access too, so if you hear anything back from them let me know in here!
I will send you another throwaway email address and maybe or maybe not forget the pw again

gamer roomie is 41 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 3, 2020

astral
Apr 26, 2004

gamer roomie is 41 posted:

I responded to you from a throwaway email address that I no longer have access too, so if you hear anything back from them let me know in here!
I will send you another throwaway email address and maybe or maybe not forget the pw again

• Registered just to post this
  • Made a post that is completely ambiguous about just which posting it's responding to
  • Free space
  • Apparently replied to a job poster or seeker about possible future employment using a throwaway e-mail address
  • Promises to do the same in the future

Bingo!

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)
Well jeez sorry! I added a quoted post, it was the last person who posted of course. We already talked, he knows it's me and I'm just teasing about losing the email again :P

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I'm seeing the writing on the wall at my current job - there's a nonzero chance I'll get cut for budget reasons soon, so I want to get out in front of that if possible.

Job Seeker

My experience: 11 years in IT now, mostly focused on the sysadmin role. I've been all over the place, but my latest experience is with VMware administration, AWS administration, and project management. I'm also very experienced with Windows/Linux administration and networking (primarily HP/SonicWall products, but I've dealt with plenty of Cisco along the way). Also, plenty of experience with scripting and database management (Powershell/Python and Microsoft SQL respectively)

What I'm looking for: Day to day back-of-house operations and project work.

What I'm NOT looking for: End user-facing roles (e.g. systems/helpdesk escalation), software engineering, direct sales

Where I live: one of the suburbs west of Philadelphia, PA

Where I'm looking: The greater Chester county / Philly / DelCo area.

When I can start: Two weeks' notice would be a must for me. I respect the team I'm working on and want to give them as much heads up as possible.

Requirements: Full-time, regular business hours schedule, medical benefits and PTO, and WFH is obviously a plus right now.

Can be reached via: Forums PM or email: ianbtuten @ gmail.com

Seraphiel
Mar 29, 2012
I'm starting to see less growth in my current company than originally promised, so looking to start exploring other possibilities.

Job Seeker

My experience: 12 years in startup, accelerator & VC land, primarily working in and heading up startups and accelerators themselves. Used to head up an Angel Investment network and still regularly help with raising capital & funds. Deep experience in growth hacking, marketing and strategy. BSc Cognitive Science, MSc Cognitive Computing & AI, so familiar with that whole area, though happiest when working across sectors/verticals. Strangely (as London-based) a lot of work has been in/with large US-based institutions like MassChallenge and JP Morgan. .

What I'm looking for: Building or heading up a startup/tech/scaleup ecosystem, or coming in to a 'Head of Ventures/Accelerators' type role. Working on the fund side itself also of interest.

What I'm NOT looking for: One-off/contract gigs or management consultancy style work.

Where I live: London, UK - though also v. keen on relocation.

Where I'm looking: London or commutable, though pretty flexible for most major cities; NYC, LA, Dubai, etc of interest.

When I can start: 3 weeks notice, or so - though longer notice needed for international relocation.

Requirements: Full-time, preferably equity/shares included.

Email: alex@coglabs.io

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
I'm posting this on behalf of my wife.

Job Seeker

My Experience: Nearly 11 years of working for the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality/Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (DEQ/EGLE) as an E-10 Environmental Technician, checking sampling machines for biohazard contaminants that could possibly be used for bioterrorism. This is/was a federal-funded program and is classified beyond information that is available through FOIA. Have a Bachelors of Science in Zoology from Michigan State University. Also in possession of GIS and HAZWOPR certifications.

What I'm Looking For: Ideally, a job that can leverage the Bachelor's degree to some extent. Entry-level jobs definitely will be considered as long as they're in the career field. Lab technician, field research, outdoorsy jobs, even office jobs. Willing to train in different fields.

What I'm NOT Looking For: Hospitality/Customer Service/Food Service

Where I Live: Detroit, Michigan, USA (metropolitan area)

Where I'm Looking: Within 100 miles of Detroit. (not looking to relocate)

When I Can Start: Would require 2 weeks notice, but after that, would be ready to go.

Requirements: If part-time, at least 32 hours a week MINIMUM. Would prefer full-time. Medical/dental/vision benefits.

Email: amandagracesmith@gmail.com

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Hiring

Just got picked up at a new company in the greater DC area and my first task it to put together a full development team including the following:

- Senior Solutions Architect
- Front End Dev
- Back End Dev
- Data Engineer/Scientist

If I get a few responses here I'll post a temp email to connect.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
edit: deleted

Gin_Rummy fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 24, 2021

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Hiring

I have an entry level QA / Jr. product engineer position in a telecom to fill. Primary job responsibilities would be to work with hardware and software products related to internet, WiFi, and phone/voice. Creating test plans, managing test cycles, and working with vendors on products, as well as handling escalations from employees and working with vendors on issues as needed. As this is entry level, there are no hard requirements for education or skills, but candidates with technical backgrounds, familiarity with networking, internet technologies, wireless, and VOIP telephony are a plus. Technical writing skills also a plus. Experience in any troubleshooting or technical role at an ISP would be a huge plus.

Location is South-Central PA between Harrisburg and Pittsburgh. Job is not remote, some testing has to be done on site. WFH re:COVID would be primary, but applicant would have to be in our service area to do so. Job would be M-F 8-5 with after hours work possible but infrequent. Position is salary.

Feel free to email if interested. jassi007@gmail.com

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
e: obe

nelson fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 14, 2021

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Job opening:

product owner or senior business analyst type of person.

We work on the supporting/connecting subproducts of a HCM (human capital management) SaaS product. Navigation, search, notifications etc. So, you don't need a background HCM/HR although it might help.

Helpful would be some things like:

experience mapping user flows

Analyzing how to integrate disparate internal products into a more cohesive and modern presentation.

Comfortable working autonomously and being a leader for a team.

Can be anywhere in the USA or Canada although many of us are on the east coast. Up to 25% travel.

We have award winning culture/benefits and at least try to do product right, even when it's hard. PM me if you're interested.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Job Opening:

We're a boutique software consulting firm that works specifically in biotech and pharma. We have an opening for a Scientific Software Project Coordinator, which works with senior project management to coordinate software projects/engineering teams with our pharma partners. This is kind of an "entry" level position for someone who's fresh out of grad school to get a ton of experience and connections in the industry. Pharma can be really difficult to break into until you have a few years of experience in the work space and this is an ideal way to start getting that. We work both with big pharma and smaller Series A/B type companies. We fully expect this position to be an elevator role to help you get the connections and experience you need to move onto bigger and better job opportunities.

You:

- M.S. or P.hD in a biological or physical science. (Biology/Chem of some variety preferred)
- Solid technical writing chops. Preferably some form of understanding of GxP regulatory schemas.
- Decent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle. Preferably some level of comfort with computational chemistry, but not required.
- Comfortable working directly with people in a b2b fashion. You'll interact with both staff scientists and executives. THIS IS NOT SALES IN ANY WAY.

Relocation will be required, but is flexible around timing because the world is on fire. We're not in the bay area. I'm the hiring manager, you're welcome to PM me your resume.

Schnorkles fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 18, 2021

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Open Position: Manufacturing Engineer I

https://jobs.blount.com/job/105879-Manufacturing-Engineer-I-AZ/682468900/

(I'm an on-site team member, not anything close to a hiring manager or any kind of manager, but am willing to PM about it. The position involves more floor work than is typical for manufacturing engineering.)

BUSINESS CONTRIBUTION:

The successful candidate will apply manufacturing engineering and project management skills to plan, coordinate, and implement cost effective manufacturing processes that integrate equipment and personnel for our Concrete Cutting and Finishing (CCF) products. Develop and improve work instructions and CAD models of current products.

RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:

Work closely with the Site Leadership, Engineering, and manufacturing Team Members, within defined processes, procedures, and methodologies to help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments; capture and document standard work
Provide solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring, based on existing precedents or procedures
Work on manufacturing process problems dealing with production equipment problems, low efficiencies, quality, and safety issues
Prepare project scope document and timelines, and manage changes against project schedule, scope, and cost while successfully managing project dependencies and constraints
Create and implement corrective actions to production issues and identify opportunities for improvement
Interpret product, gauging, tooling, and production fixture prints while also creating and improving gauging
Provide design for manufacturability (DFM) input to design team and work in collaboration with design team to implement new products or changes to existing products
Obtain and maintain basic tools and gauges needed for the department
Communicate technical concepts and information in non-technical, more easily understandable terms and effectively communicate status to stakeholders
Create an atmosphere where timely and high-quality information flows smoothly between oneself and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions

EDUCATION:

B.S. in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent discipline required, or 7+ years’ experience as a lead person or technical supervisor in a manufacturing department.

QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:

6 months or more years of relevant Manufacturing Engineering experience; Internship may count towards meeting this requirement
Experience with metal fabrication and/or machining a plus; design of sheet metal parts, weldments, mechanical assemblies, structures, machinery and hydraulic power transmission systems preferred
Proven ability to do CAD modeling in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or other CAD programs
Prior experience with welding (MIG & TIG) a plus
Knowledgeable with mechanical systems and manufacturing building requirements with the ability to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment
Experience in establishing proactive plans that support business needs
Proficiency with setting up manufacturing process quality plans
Demonstrated ability to apply statistical methods to analysis and process monitoring and demonstrated innovative problem solving
Collaborative and effective team player and able to work with teams who are globally dispersed
Demonstrate ability and willingness to learn; seek out development activities to improve skills and increase knowledge
Take initiative, seek and act on opportunities to improve organization performance
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and data management software (SAP preferred)
Available to work on site as required by job; eligible for occasional domestic and international travel, up to two weeks’ duration

ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:

Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.

Blount offers products under the brand names of OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, Pentruder, and Merit. For more information, visit https://www.blount.com.

Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. It is the policy of Blount International to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under law.

During the application process we will not ask for or collect any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. date of birth; drivers license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission. This notice should not be construed as an offer of employment or creating any terms of employment.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
About us: Founded in March of 2020, Happy Plum Mandarin Learning is finally looking for another teacher/tutor to join this fast-paced education startup. Happy Plum Mandarin Learning offers individualized online and in person language learning lessons with a fun and flexible approach and proven results. We customize our topics so that each student remains engaged and eager to improve their speaking and listening skills. Using educational games, stories, books, videos, and songs based on the age and interests of each individual makes Mandarin achievable, and accessible to students of all ages and learning styles. Our positive, low pressure and personalized approach build on each student’s success to foster an interest in language and culture awareness while increasing proficiency and maintaining interest and enthusiasm. We provide curriculum support, homework help, and individual classes.

Minimum Qualifications:
• Near-native fluency in Mandarin and English
• Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Education OR Bachelor’s related to the subject matter
• Experience in K-12 setting teaching Chinese as an immersion teacher, Chinese teacher, or professor.
• Desire to work in a startup
• Full understanding of Chinese language and culture
• U.S. working status and resident

Who we are looking for:
• High-energy, enthusiastic people with exceptional communication and presentation skills
• People with a passion for working with kids and wanting to make a difference
• Teachers who have a passion for teaching the Chinese language and culture
• Undergrads, graduates, or working professionals looking to make extra income

What you will do:
• Work closely with students implementing individualized language lessons to increase language proficiency
• Report to CEO on individualized language progression of each client
• Conduct zoom language classes for 30mins 2-4x per week at clients desired day and time

Pay:
18- 20$/hr with room for growth in the company.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Job Openings

I just took over leading eComm Product for a large manufacturer/retailer and I'm looking for some senior product managers with a good amount of eComm/web/retail experience. Full Disclosure: The way the company managed product before was really messy and things are not in a great state. Not enough internal development, really immature product/design processes, mountains of tech debt from covid decisions, etc. We're working on untangling it all and setting things up right but that will definitely take some time so anyone who joins will need to be patient with the changes and good at organizing disorganized scrum teams. Also, these roles are more business partner/customer facing product managers and not just tech-facing TPOs. I have quite a few of these openings to fill.

Minimum Reqs:
-Several years of previous experience with eComm/Retail/Site Product
-Good at all the sausage making of product (vision/strategy, managing a backlog, directing a scrum team, reporting on OKRs, story-writing, etc.)
-Organized and good at dealing with some organizational chaos (at first, it will get better)

Preferred Reqs:
-Previous experience in merchandising, retail, or business management
-Previous experience with product/site or business/financial analytics
-Experience shifting scrum teams from waterfall to agile

What you will do:
-Own a sub-product/set of features for either our site or site/store integrations. You will be responsible for vision/strategy/communication/requirements/etc. for your sub-product. Example: You might own cart for our website and website/physical store integration.
-Ideally manage 1 scrum team but might be 2 as we staff up.
-Track and report on OKRs for your sub-product

-Must relocate to Tampa, FL (I'm working on the company being more ok with remote over time but that's gonna take a while to influence). The company does have okay but kind of dated relocation policy to help with household goods shipment and some relo costs but it isn't a fully comprehensive policy that you will get from a major tech company.
-Must be willing to come into an office

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in then drop me a PM and we can setup some time to talk. We also still have a leadership role or two open for people that have managed product teams in the past and have a lot of experience in the space.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 21, 2021

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Kinda reposting from SH/SC. We're doing a big recruiting push this month.

Job Posting

Who we are: a fast-growing enterprise software company with a lot of customers you would recognize. We are what I would call "post-startup" and transitioning into a big corp.

Where we are hiring: Currently WFH, but eventually Atlanta and Raleigh (also a few things in London)

Who we are hiring: Java devs (Spring stack), UI devs (Angular/React), DevOps, sales, PSO/support

Why you should care:
  • Competitive salaries - including a new yearly bonus plan
  • Full benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, the whole package
  • Lots of learning opportunities! We are constantly integrating new technologies into our stack
  • Great professional development - ongoing education, certifications, career tracks (coming soon™)
  • At least one goon employee

How to contact: PM or post an email and I will reach out. Happy to answer any questions about the company or working here.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Job seeking: I’ve been in payroll for 11 years now, constantly being recognized for going above and being beyond, covering for the rest of the HR team when needed. My new business partner hates me and I see the writing on the wall.

Looking for a remote position or something on MA/NH border, preferably in a supervisory or manager role.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Job Openings:

Product manager for health market research / insights
Product manager for b2c community
Adtech developer
Data scientist
Data analyst

We're based out of the DC area but all positions are potentially full-time WFH.

PM me for details; mostly looking for more senior folks aside from the analyst role.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
Job Posting

Who we are: the Federal Railroad Administration, a component of the US Department of Transportation.

Where we are hiring: Currently WFH, but eventually nationwide. Most office jobs (Headquarters) are in Washington, DC, at the Navy Yard / Ballpark metro station; field jobs are at various duty stations.

Who we are hiring: current jobs posted on USAJobs here: https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/Results?a=TD05

Why you should care:
Fed Gov: job security once you get through your one-year probation period
Room for growth: people move all around FRA and DOT to learn skills and promote
Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, retirement matching, the whole package
Fun coworkers: typically train nerds, at least one goon, lots of career folks with 20+ years here (people are happy), several young people (we're growing!)

How to contact: PM or post an email. Happy to answer any questions about FRA or working here. I have no hiring authority and no connection to HR.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

deleted for opsec

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 18, 2024

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Job Posting (lots)

Who we are: Horizon Media, an advertising company. We do advertising for a bunch of the traditional media - print, radio, TV, etc. - but have a lot of work happening for online ad platforms. Programmatic buying, ad marketplaces, things like that.

I am new to the ad industry and work in IT so there's probably gaps in my understanding. Don't be deterred by any inaccuracies in my description - apparently it's got a good reputation.

What are we hiring for: Seems like it's everything. There's a whole bunch of positions, and they are clamoring for qualified candidates. There's tons of growth - our CEO claims that we've had to turn away clients because we don't have the capacity to take them on - and they're really ramping things up.

Referrals get some serious consideration. I'm happy to ask questions of hiring managers - I'm in IT, and I'm relatively new, but everyone's been awesome about welcoming me and saying "hey I had questions on behalf of an interested applicant" would probably be well-received.

Where are we: NYC and LA. Remote until October - recently pushed back from September. From October through all of 2021, there's only 2 days per month - yes, per month - where they want people in the office. The days per month will rotate which departments/teams are in, so you'll actually be in when the rest of your team is in. The strategy for 2022 will depend on a lot of actual measured metrics - transmission rates, vaccination rates, CDC/NYC DoH guidance, etc. Mandatory vaccinations and testing for coming in for everyone - employees, vendors, and clients.

It is a very sane policy that is in touch with making sure people are safe if they come into the office.

I'm told the office is a really nice one, and they're big on all the usual modern workplace things. Pre-COVID they had onsite meditation/zen room stuff, a company nurse, onsite gym, etc. I only started in July 2021 so I've never seen the place.

They will consider 100% remote candidates or people moving out of the area, as long as it's the right match and the right people. Gotta be in the US, alas.

Why work here: Sane scheduling and work-life balance. They're big on keeping normal hours and the butts-in-seats-for-8-hours culture doesn't really seem to happen. Benefits are good - health/dental/vision, 401k through Fidelity after 30 days with the usual 50% of 4% match, pretax transit reimbursement, and a really drat good PTO offering. 35 days per year on top of all the holidays, including "it is a company holiday from Xmas Eve through New Year's Day". They literally give you a holiday break. I've never seen this since I was in school. PTO is separate from sick days - you still get NYC paid sick leave.

The compensation package is off the hook - I got hired away from Prudential, where I thought I was making very good money. I got something like a 35% boost in base salary. They have bonuses but I haven't been here long enough to confirm that they're real.

It's a very laid-back atmosphere so far. I've been pretty happy.

How to apply: PM me for details. There's a referral process that I need to dig up.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

MJP posted:

Job Posting (lots)

Who we are: Horizon Media, an advertising company. We do advertising for a bunch of the traditional media - print, radio, TV, etc. - but have a lot of work happening for online ad platforms. Programmatic buying, ad marketplaces, things like that.

I am new to the ad industry and work in IT so there's probably gaps in my understanding. Don't be deterred by any inaccuracies in my description - apparently it's got a good reputation.

What are we hiring for: Seems like it's everything. There's a whole bunch of positions, and they are clamoring for qualified candidates. There's tons of growth - our CEO claims that we've had to turn away clients because we don't have the capacity to take them on - and they're really ramping things up.

Referrals get some serious consideration. I'm happy to ask questions of hiring managers - I'm in IT, and I'm relatively new, but everyone's been awesome about welcoming me and saying "hey I had questions on behalf of an interested applicant" would probably be well-received.

Where are we: NYC and LA. Remote until October - recently pushed back from September. From October through all of 2021, there's only 2 days per month - yes, per month - where they want people in the office. The days per month will rotate which departments/teams are in, so you'll actually be in when the rest of your team is in. The strategy for 2022 will depend on a lot of actual measured metrics - transmission rates, vaccination rates, CDC/NYC DoH guidance, etc. Mandatory vaccinations and testing for coming in for everyone - employees, vendors, and clients.

It is a very sane policy that is in touch with making sure people are safe if they come into the office.

I'm told the office is a really nice one, and they're big on all the usual modern workplace things. Pre-COVID they had onsite meditation/zen room stuff, a company nurse, onsite gym, etc. I only started in July 2021 so I've never seen the place.

They will consider 100% remote candidates or people moving out of the area, as long as it's the right match and the right people. Gotta be in the US, alas.

Why work here: Sane scheduling and work-life balance. They're big on keeping normal hours and the butts-in-seats-for-8-hours culture doesn't really seem to happen. Benefits are good - health/dental/vision, 401k through Fidelity after 30 days with the usual 50% of 4% match, pretax transit reimbursement, and a really drat good PTO offering. 35 days per year on top of all the holidays, including "it is a company holiday from Xmas Eve through New Year's Day". They literally give you a holiday break. I've never seen this since I was in school. PTO is separate from sick days - you still get NYC paid sick leave.

The compensation package is off the hook - I got hired away from Prudential, where I thought I was making very good money. I got something like a 35% boost in base salary. They have bonuses but I haven't been here long enough to confirm that they're real.

It's a very laid-back atmosphere so far. I've been pretty happy.

How to apply: PM me for details. There's a referral process that I need to dig up.

We're still clamoring for new hires and they've upped the referral bonus. I'm willing to cut you in on the bonus if you get a job through my referral! https://horizonmedia.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CareerOpportunities for openings!

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Edit: Position filled.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 12, 2022

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!
Hiring

Filled

TheLastManStanding fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 4, 2022

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Job Openings (MANY!)

What:/b] at least [136 (as of 2/21/2022) open laboratory positions at PPD/Thermo Fisher laboratories at my location. It's pharmaceutical contract research, you'll be running samples from patients in clinical trials. Positions available include assistant through senior scientists (aka lab techs), in several departments including immunochemistry, vaccine, cell-based, chromatography. sample coordinator (aka sample accessioner, full and part-time), a variety of managers, QA auditors, scientific writer, applications administrator, facilities coordinator, HVAC tech, etc. Not entirely sure on pay for each position but I think it's $17-$18/hr-ish starting for the entry-level assistant scientist and it goes up from there.

Who: Most scientist positions just need a BS/BA in a science, more experience/education for higher levels. Sample Coordinator and Facilities Coordinator just need high school diploma + experience. Lab experience highly preferred, undergrad lab experience is fine. Clinical lab certs are a super-mega-ultra-bonus but not required, there's only a handful of people here who even have one. Must Love Pipettes.

Where: Richmond, VA and Middleton, WI

When: Most positions ASAP, interview process takes a few weeks

Why: training provided, actually hires new college grads for entry-level positions, decent pay for the location, decent benefits that have increased since we got bought by Thermo, flexible schedules for 1st and 2nd shift, an actual 40-hour workweek, OT often available but not usually required, pretty chill work environment, no patient/client/customer interaction, many opportunities to advance or switch career paths. Feel like you're playing a teeny tiny part in bringing new biologics, antivirals and vaccines, including COVID treatments and vaccines. Several positions are specifically for the Pfizer vaccine team.

How: Look through current openings here and PM me for referral details.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
Jobs Posting

Who/Why: Nearside, a fintech from mostly ex-Square people issuing small business loans, serviced via debit card. Main target is underserved communities shut out by credit "score"/etc gatekeeping. Future plans include registering business *stuff*, and anything we can justify handling that helps people focus on their actual business. Profit model is primarily loan APRs, and avoids predatory fees/fines.
Strong focus on a healthy/welcoming/diverse/minimally toxic culture, unlimited vacation that pushes for at least a week per quarter, strong desire to avoid people burning out. Honestly much less pressure/stress than I've come to expect from a background dealing with games and media industry in the past, despite being fintech.

Very competitive compensation that strives to offer above industry averages, 120-200k + stock options/benefits for most dev roles that I'm aware of.

Where: San Francisco office, also strong Austin contingent, but primarily remote across US and Canada.

When: Ramping up aggressively across the board, so now and into the foreseeable future.

What: Lots of things (managers/marketing/CS/recruiting/fraud investigation/several varieties of computer touchers and data nerds), they were ~50 people when I started last July, and are more than double now - and expecting to at least double that by the end of Q1. The job site is currently focused on higher priority needs, but there is definitely more than listed currently. Please apply even if you don't see what you want on there, but know it's likely relevant - we can probably work something out, or will have it available soon.

We have a couple phone apps (Kotlin primarily), "backend" that is focused on API interactions with various third parties (ACH/Credit card companies/etc) that is heavily Typescript/Node, IT (OSX), data crunchers doing a variety of analytics, and Infrastructure that is currently mostly AWS/Python/*nix/shell tooling/Pulumi/Ansible/Kubernetes

I'm on Infra, and as a newer company, it's moderately difficult to source more Infra people in the flood of companies that are well known and over hiring (FAANG etc), or stand out in the flood of devops/full stack postings that only want someone who can point apis at pre-built images.
So if you know any sysops (or, of course, anyone that fits the other roles above) looking for something rewarding and care about minimizing their level of burnout, point them our way please. :wink:

Poof
Apr 18, 2002

Job Posting

Who/Why: NetActuate, an edge IaaS provider is looking for somebody with Linux/BSD sysadmin experience to become a networking guru with on the job hand holding.

Where: This is a remote job, but applicants should be in Southern California. It'd be nice to be able to meet the team, and sometimes we like to get together in Downtown Los Angeles to meet.

What: The things that would help you the most are scripting experience (PHP/Python/C) and knowledge of routing protocols (BGP/LLDP/ISIS/etc).

How to apply: You can apply for this job via a Google form at https://jobs.netactuate.com/apply, in the comments section of the form, mention that Poof referred you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

another loser
Mar 25, 2001
Job Posting

Who/Why: A very large well known video game company. I'm part of a well-funded startup within the company and we are building core tech for games as well as a commerce and distribution platform. It's a relatively small scrappy team with a lot of autonomy.

Where: San Francisco and Vancouver, but remote work is an option.

What: Currently we are looking for:
  • Monetization Manager
  • Senior Product Manager
  • Partnership Manager
  • Senior Software Engineers

How to Apply: PM me for details and referral process