Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
Posted in the SHSC thread, but figured I'd link it here too. IT guy stuff in Portland, OR.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3075135&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post373947065

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
Cross posting from SH/SC

This position is NOT officially open or posted publicly but I expect it to be soon and need good candidates. I'm the IT manager and make the hiring decision, so you'd be getting a head start in the process.

Who we are: small, private software development company

What we're looking for: Internal IT support in a challenging, fast paced environment. Roughly 60-70% of your time would be internal helpdesk (and I hesitate to use that term, because most of our requests are not your typical helpdesk stuff), 30-40% widely varying project work and the occasional nerf gun fight. This would be great for someone who is ready to transition from helpdesk level stuff to more of a Windows sysadmin role, as I anticipate us growing more in the next year or two. Need to be able to own and execute small projects, and be organized, driven, and detail oriented enough to work independently much of the time. The ideal candidate is probably a generalist who has exposure to a lot of things, including networking, VPNs, VMware/Hyper-V, Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint, MS CRM, VOIP (Shoretel a plus), and possibly Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server. MS certifications and education a plus, 3-5 years of relevant experience is probably appropriate.

I want to stress that this position is not right for everyone. It is fast paced and hectic at times, and requires someone with good time management skills and the ability to juggle shifting priorities. If you want a job with a lot of downtime to browse the internet, this is not your gig. On the other hand, the people here are great, IT is recognized as important here, I'm a pretty cool guy (I think), and we get to do a lot of interesting stuff.

Salary/benefits: Probably $40-$50k range, but that may be slightly wider depending on what you bring to the table. Comprehensive benefits package (medical/dental/401k/etc)

Contact: Since this isn't officially posted yet, email your resume and I'll get back to you with more info when it officially opens up if it looks like it would be a good fit. Probably in the next week or two. My username at gmail.