Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
drat, we already got two Vermont goons in this small thread? Well, here's #3 (this must be all VT goons in the entirety of SA...)

Location: Greater Burlington, VT area, but willing to relocate to almost anywhere.
Industry: Biomedical engineering.

I graduated from RPI in 2004 with a BS in biomedical engineering, and completed one year of a master's program at the University of Vermont in the same field.

I worked for two years as a biomedical technician, fixing, inspecting, and calibrating hospital equipment.

I'd like to get into actual engineering work, not technician stuff. my concentration is in mechanics, so orthopedics would be nice, but I also have a lot of coursework in cardiovascular physiology. I'm also open to going into sales or some sort of clinical applications, like demonstrating medical products, teaching surgeons and doctors on equipment, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Solaron posted:

Does this apply only to Canadian Goons? I thought it was pretty hard to get a job if you're not a citizen?

Especially a government job...I know US government jobs require you to be a US Citizen.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Banner posted:

Education
Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2004.
Bachelor of Science in Physics, State University of New York at Albany, 2001.

'Sup, fellow RPI goon! You finished your master's the same year I got my BS.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Probably a longshot, but might as well post them, right?

Job Openings
Position: Biomedical Equipment Technician I
Experience: AS/BS in biomedical or electronics technology or engineering, or military training in same.
Duties: Repair, calibrate, install and perform preventive maintenance for a variety of high cost, complex medical equipment and associated systems at member hospitals and clinics.

Position: Biomedical Equipment Technician II
Experience: Education as above, but also min. 3 years experience in the field. Experience with medical lasers and/or anesthesia highly desired.
Duties: Repair, calibrate, install and perform preventive maintenance of a variety of complex medical instruments. Perform duties as an independent on site team member including repair service, functional testing and customer support in the management of clinical technology for a single client.

Position: Biomedical Equipment Technician II
Experience: As above for BMT II, but no anesthesia or laser experience necessary.
Duties: As above for BMT II.

Contact me if you want any pay/benefit info, or to get info on how to apply.
Conactbouvier dot andrew at gmail dot com

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

JOB SEEKER

Location: I'll move just about anywhere except really rural areas.

Education: Bachelor's in Biomedical Engineering, 22 credits towards a Master's in Biomedical Engineering.

Experience: 5 years as a biomedical technician.

Requirements: Something that is NOT a biomedical technician.

When I can start: A few months.

What I'm looking for: Something different. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm looking for, I just want out of my current "career path." It's dead-end, I don't enjoy it at all (actively hate it, in fact,) and it doesn't pay enough (at least where I work now, from what I know other employers/areas pay much more.) But I still want out of this field. So I'm hoping someone somewhere is looking for something that's quasi entry-level that I could do. I'd like to get into actual, proper engineering, but I'm open to just about anything that I might qualify for, which I realize is very little. :smith:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

bam thwok posted:

edit: ah gently caress it, here's every open position we've got. Have at it goons. Send emails with your resume to gaffind at advisory.com.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchLocation=&searchCategory=

If I see multiple positions I think I might qualify for, should I email you with just a list of what they are along with my resume? And should I also apply online, or just hand my resume off to you?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The small E-Commerce/Network Infrastructure/Managed Network Support company is looking to hire a a few people in the Infrastructure and possibly Managed Network Support areas:

All of this is copy+pasted from our company webpage, so forgive the ExecuSpeak:

Job Opening: Systems Engineer

Description: Working with customers ranging from small to enterprise-level environments, the selected candidate will lead and participate as part of a team responsible for the end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to meet customers’ business needs. The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will self-manage the delivery of best practice environments for our customers with minimal direction from a technical lead or manager. The Systems Engineer will collaborate routinely with customer-nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.

Desired Skills
    • Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or extensive related field experience
    • Conversant in industry standards and methodologies
    • Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems
    • Well organized, works collaboratively and with attention to detail
    • Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment requiring multi-tasking and time management in constantly changing technical environments
    • Confident yet willing to seek advice from teammates or vendor partners
    • Develop and maintain a high level of competency with supported technologies
    • Industry certifications
    • Experience and skills in many of the following areas:
      o Microsoft products including: Exchange, SQL, IIS, Commerce Server
      o PC, server and network hardware and software
      o Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
      o Active Directory and Group Policy management
      o Anti-virus and malware tools
      o LAN/WAN/Wireless networking hardware and software
      o VMware Virtual Infrastructure
      o Microsoft Exchange Server
      o EMC and other storage solutions
      o Fluency with firewall functions and administration & Cisco router and firewall configuration
      o Backup technologies: disk-disk, disk-disk-tape, cloud
      o Development tools including: content management systems (CMS), .NET, C#, VB.NET, Visual Studio, XHTML, XML

Job Opening: Senior Systems Engineer – Virtual Desktop

Description: This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer with strong virtual desktop engineering skills in VMware (VDI/VMware View) and Citrix technologies (XenServer and XenDesktop). The selected Systems Engineer will be responsible for the configuration, build and implementation of VMware virtual desktop solutions.

Working with customers ranging from small to enterprise-level environments, the selected candidate will be part of a team responsible for the end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to meet customers’ business needs. The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will self-manage the delivery of best practice environments for our customers with minimal direction from a technical lead or manager. The Systems Engineer will collaborate routinely with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.

Desired Skills:

• Experienced working in enterprise-level environments
    • Thrives in a team environment
    • Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills
    • Multitasks in a fast-paced environment
    • Creative problem solver
    • Builds effective customer relationships
    • Demonstrates solid virtualization desktop skills, including configuration, build and implementations
    • Technical certifications preferred (VCP/CCIA/CCIE/MCSE)