Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Looking
Hey all. I have a BA (European History) and a minor in Computer Science. I've worked as a Quality Improvement Analyst for an IT company for 4 years and I currently run the Electronic Theses & Dissertations program at a University. I've also been a professional editor for eight years; both online and offline media. Send me a message or reply to this thread if you want further details :)

Other experience:
- 9 years experience in Web page developing (half-dozen jobs relating to this)
- Video/Audio Editing
- Project Management
- Presentation experience - I put on workshops twice a semester for students and present at conferences about our program
- Liaison/customer service experience - I deal with 100s of students every year

Graphic Designer

Also, my girlfriend is a very talented Graphic Designer who has a diploma in Graphic Design at a college and is currently in her last year of a Bachelor in Design program at a very good University. She's looking for work; part-time or full-time.

vandelay industries fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 20, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

bam thwok posted:

I won't get into compensation here because it's untoward, but there are websites for that.

And most candidates get a pretty accommodating relocation allotment if that's the issue.

There are a few jobs I would be perfect for. Are you aware of how they treat international applicants? I am from Canada.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

bam thwok posted:

I'm sure there's all the usual hurdles to jump through, but I work directly alongside people from New Zealand, Australia, Jordan and India, plus checking our directory there's a couple of people from Toronto, and at least one from Ottawa. They might all be married to US citizens or something, but I doubt it. Shouldn't be a problem. Feel free to shoot me an email.

Great. I sent ya an email!

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

bam thwok posted:

Has everyone who responded to my posting for jobs at the Advisory Board Company heard back from me or had their interview scheduled/completed? I think some people's messages/resumes may have been lost or just forgotten, and I don't want to leave anyone who was interested hanging.

Send me another email at david.gaffin(at)gmail(dot)com to get this sorted.

Sent you an email last week!

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Job Openings

http://careers.epic.com/positions.php

EDIT: Forgot one of the most important parts. While Epic offers fantastic pay for an entry-level position, the training that you receive while there is worth much more to health systems and consultants. You will have a 1 year non-compete when you leave Epic, but your first gig after the grace period is guaranteed to bring you well over 100k/yr. As soon as you finish certifications you will start to get headhunted on LinkedIn and other similar websites.

I'm interested in applying for a few positions! send me a message at lyleus @ gmail.com :)

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Hey,

I am moving to Ottawa in the near future because that is where my girlfriend is living permanently. Are there any Ottawa goons here that are hiring or know of any open positions within their work place or others? I'm currently a project manager / technical lead for a university's digital thesis/dissertation program. I am also an experienced contract web manager, writer, and editor.

Remote (i.e. work from home) jobs are also an option!

Send a PM or reply here if you would like my full resume.

Thanks!

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

sbaldrick posted:

If you are bilingual I might have a job you can apply for.

Hey:

I know quite a bit of French (French Immersion from Grades 4 to 12); what would this position be? If you want contact me via email, use lyleus at gmail.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Job Seeker:

Looking for: web manager, editing, writing, content management, QA, academic admin, academic advising, anything academia, etc.

Work from home and/or Ottawa, ON

Education Experience:

BA History, Minor Computer Science

Current positions: Project Coordinator (full-time), Writer for an Entertainment Website (part-time), Web Writer/Web Manager for non-profit organization (part-time)

- Seven years working as a Project Coordinator, Lead Trainer, and Lead Tech Support for the thesis development program at a major Canadian university (current, full time)
- Experience working with 100s of graduate students (tech support and mentoring them throughout their thesis/dissertation development cycle)
- Experience working with and training senior faculty and staff

- Plenty of experience working with Content Management Systems

- Web manager/designer for various major--and minor--freelance projects
- Experienced editor, news reporter, and writer for various large websites (10 years)
- Quality Improvement Analyst and Content Editor for an e-Learning company (5 years)

- XML coding for 7 years; part-time

What I am looking for:

I am moving to Ottawa for personal reasons (woo!). It's incredibly tough looking for jobs when you don't live in the city you are moving to, so I thought I would post here to increase my chances!

Preferably, I would like to work remotely from home to make the transition easier, but I definitely wouldn't refuse a chance for a position in an Ottawa office.

Contact me through PM or reply here!

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Job Seeker:

Looking for: web manager, editing, writing, content management, QA, academic admin, academic advising, anything academia, anything else really.

Work from home and/or Ottawa, ON

Education/Experience:

BA History, Minor Computer Science

Current positions: Project Coordinator at a major Canadian University (full-time); Writer for an entertainment website (part-time); Web Writer/Web Manager for non-profit organization (part-time)

- Seven years working as a Project Coordinator, Lead Trainer, and Lead Tech Support for the thesis development program at a major Canadian university (current, full time)
- Experience advising 100s of graduate students (tech support and mentoring them throughout their thesis/dissertation development cycle)
- Experience working with and training senior faculty and staff

- Plenty of experience working with Content Management Systems

- Web manager/designer for various major--and minor--freelance projects
- Experienced editor, news reporter, and writer for various large websites (10 years)
- Quality Improvement Analyst and Content Editor for an e-Learning company (5 years)

- XML coding for 7 years; part-time

What I am looking for:

I am moving to Ottawa for personal reasons (woo!). It's incredibly tough looking for jobs when you don't live in the city you are moving to, so I thought I would post here to increase my chances!

Preferably, I would like to work remotely from home to make the transition easier, but I definitely wouldn't refuse a chance for a position in an Ottawa office.

Contact me through PM or reply here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

dietcokefiend posted:

Looking to bring on some more writers to our site StorageReview.com:

I have worked for StorageReview remotely for several years now and love it; dietcokefiend and the owner are fantastic people and they seriously know their stuff.

vandelay industries fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 23, 2016