Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
I live in Fairfax. I might be interested in this position. I have 2.5 years of helpdesk/system admin skills. I've worked in large corporate environments (University supporting over 4,000 students, faculty, and staff), as well as independent work/independent contractor work.

I can do anything from CJ work to setting up networks (like school computer labs), domain work, light AD/GP skills. etc. Microsoft Server 2000-2003.

Sorry for being curt, but I have to run soon.

If you could, shoot me an e-mail more about the position. I'm very interested:

teeapostle @ gmail . com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

Flu Roo posted:

I'm 4 months into an IT director slot with a highly successful contract research organization in the Pharma sector. I've got 200 users, significant development work (sharepoint/SQL/financial reporting) and a fairly busy helpdesk to run.

tl;dr: I'm over-tasked and under-resourced.

I do NOT have a req or approval to hire yet, be warned.

My theory is that if I locate the perfect candidate I can stuff the resume down management's throat and get the req based on the right person. In my few months here I've gained a vastly good reputation and carry enough weight to get what I need if I stomp around enough.

Who do I want? Good question. My main goal is to get out of the helpdesk all together, maybe serve as tier 2. You'll have excellent problem solving capabilities, an understanding of basic M$ Os's/apps, and a bias for action. You'll have no problem operating outside 9-5 when there are incidents to manage, but the extra hours will be minimal. The bonus is that you'll have a drat fine mentor to take your career to the next level.

Buzzwords- If you nod on each or most of these please send me your CV: Sharepoint, SQL, Clinplus, Antiquated OS's (NT loving 4), salesforce.com, backupexec, Citrix, MPLS networks, Cisco pix/ISA, Five 9 predictive dialer, ITIL implementation, Active directory

I don't care about degree or certs, but be resourceful, energetic, and positive.

Send CV's to searbitrary at gmail. Thanks folks, will be happy to answer additional questions on the job.

I'm looking around for a new job. Where would you be located?

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
I'd say pick up an A+ Certification book, read it, study it, etc. Then get one of those exam cram books. Take A+ exam, pass. That will help you get into Tier 1/Geek Squad type jobs.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
She's a woman. The only place she belongs is in the kitchen. The US government is really stuck in the 1950s.