Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Job Posting (lots)

Who we are: Horizon Media, an advertising company. We do advertising for a bunch of the traditional media - print, radio, TV, etc. - but have a lot of work happening for online ad platforms. Programmatic buying, ad marketplaces, things like that.

I am new to the ad industry and work in IT so there's probably gaps in my understanding. Don't be deterred by any inaccuracies in my description - apparently it's got a good reputation.

What are we hiring for: Seems like it's everything. There's a whole bunch of positions, and they are clamoring for qualified candidates. There's tons of growth - our CEO claims that we've had to turn away clients because we don't have the capacity to take them on - and they're really ramping things up.

Referrals get some serious consideration. I'm happy to ask questions of hiring managers - I'm in IT, and I'm relatively new, but everyone's been awesome about welcoming me and saying "hey I had questions on behalf of an interested applicant" would probably be well-received.

Where are we: NYC and LA. Remote until October - recently pushed back from September. From October through all of 2021, there's only 2 days per month - yes, per month - where they want people in the office. The days per month will rotate which departments/teams are in, so you'll actually be in when the rest of your team is in. The strategy for 2022 will depend on a lot of actual measured metrics - transmission rates, vaccination rates, CDC/NYC DoH guidance, etc. Mandatory vaccinations and testing for coming in for everyone - employees, vendors, and clients.

It is a very sane policy that is in touch with making sure people are safe if they come into the office.

I'm told the office is a really nice one, and they're big on all the usual modern workplace things. Pre-COVID they had onsite meditation/zen room stuff, a company nurse, onsite gym, etc. I only started in July 2021 so I've never seen the place.

They will consider 100% remote candidates or people moving out of the area, as long as it's the right match and the right people. Gotta be in the US, alas.

Why work here: Sane scheduling and work-life balance. They're big on keeping normal hours and the butts-in-seats-for-8-hours culture doesn't really seem to happen. Benefits are good - health/dental/vision, 401k through Fidelity after 30 days with the usual 50% of 4% match, pretax transit reimbursement, and a really drat good PTO offering. 35 days per year on top of all the holidays, including "it is a company holiday from Xmas Eve through New Year's Day". They literally give you a holiday break. I've never seen this since I was in school. PTO is separate from sick days - you still get NYC paid sick leave.

The compensation package is off the hook - I got hired away from Prudential, where I thought I was making very good money. I got something like a 35% boost in base salary. They have bonuses but I haven't been here long enough to confirm that they're real.

It's a very laid-back atmosphere so far. I've been pretty happy.

How to apply: PM me for details. There's a referral process that I need to dig up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MJP posted:

Job Posting (lots)

Who we are: Horizon Media, an advertising company. We do advertising for a bunch of the traditional media - print, radio, TV, etc. - but have a lot of work happening for online ad platforms. Programmatic buying, ad marketplaces, things like that.

I am new to the ad industry and work in IT so there's probably gaps in my understanding. Don't be deterred by any inaccuracies in my description - apparently it's got a good reputation.

What are we hiring for: Seems like it's everything. There's a whole bunch of positions, and they are clamoring for qualified candidates. There's tons of growth - our CEO claims that we've had to turn away clients because we don't have the capacity to take them on - and they're really ramping things up.

Referrals get some serious consideration. I'm happy to ask questions of hiring managers - I'm in IT, and I'm relatively new, but everyone's been awesome about welcoming me and saying "hey I had questions on behalf of an interested applicant" would probably be well-received.

Where are we: NYC and LA. Remote until October - recently pushed back from September. From October through all of 2021, there's only 2 days per month - yes, per month - where they want people in the office. The days per month will rotate which departments/teams are in, so you'll actually be in when the rest of your team is in. The strategy for 2022 will depend on a lot of actual measured metrics - transmission rates, vaccination rates, CDC/NYC DoH guidance, etc. Mandatory vaccinations and testing for coming in for everyone - employees, vendors, and clients.

It is a very sane policy that is in touch with making sure people are safe if they come into the office.

I'm told the office is a really nice one, and they're big on all the usual modern workplace things. Pre-COVID they had onsite meditation/zen room stuff, a company nurse, onsite gym, etc. I only started in July 2021 so I've never seen the place.

They will consider 100% remote candidates or people moving out of the area, as long as it's the right match and the right people. Gotta be in the US, alas.

Why work here: Sane scheduling and work-life balance. They're big on keeping normal hours and the butts-in-seats-for-8-hours culture doesn't really seem to happen. Benefits are good - health/dental/vision, 401k through Fidelity after 30 days with the usual 50% of 4% match, pretax transit reimbursement, and a really drat good PTO offering. 35 days per year on top of all the holidays, including "it is a company holiday from Xmas Eve through New Year's Day". They literally give you a holiday break. I've never seen this since I was in school. PTO is separate from sick days - you still get NYC paid sick leave.

The compensation package is off the hook - I got hired away from Prudential, where I thought I was making very good money. I got something like a 35% boost in base salary. They have bonuses but I haven't been here long enough to confirm that they're real.

It's a very laid-back atmosphere so far. I've been pretty happy.

How to apply: PM me for details. There's a referral process that I need to dig up.

We're still clamoring for new hires and they've upped the referral bonus. I'm willing to cut you in on the bonus if you get a job through my referral! https://horizonmedia.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CareerOpportunities for openings!

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Trying to help a friend who does product design and artwork stuff; her company hosed around with her forever and is now in layoff mode. Does anyone know of anyone in the NYC metro area or remote-friendly that's looking for someone with about 10ish years experience in art/design stuff? Or is there some kind of Dice equivalent for creatives that I could steer her towards?