Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaftig
Jan 21, 2008

It's infectious

DrBouvenstein posted:

drat, we already got two Vermont goons in this small thread? Well, here's #3 (this must be all VT goons in the entirety of SA...)
Nope, there are even more of us.

I have a job, but my mom really needs help.

Location:Raleigh/Cary, NC; willing to move elsewhere in the state if she gets a job.

She's 54 and has an Associate's in Computer Programming from the 80's, and she just spent eight years working for her mother, which makes her look bad on paper. In reality, my mom knows more about computers than I ever will and my grandma now pays three people ridiculous amounts of money to do what my mom did on her own.

She mainly did bookkeeping and customer relations for my grandma's jewelry company, but she also knows a lot about jewelry in general. She knows every nook and cranny of Microsoft Office (I think every version since 2000) and HTML. She absolutely loves learning, especially about computers, and has taken every free online class on programs she could find (and the only one she didn't finish was Flash; animation was not her thing). She was also a waitress for 25 years and is really good with people (she'd prefer not to work with customers anymore but I don't think she cares at this point), though bad at interviews. She is a perfectionist and obsessed with work (she worked about 68 hours a week for my grandma).

She's getting really depressed about being unemployed for so long, so please contact me if you have anything for her. My email is in my profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaftig
Jan 21, 2008

It's infectious
Edited out since I now have a career. Hooray!

Zaftig fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 30, 2012

Zaftig
Jan 21, 2008

It's infectious
I don't see why not. I keep tabs on this thread and am not a tech person, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.