Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banner
Mar 30, 2008

The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss
Need a job, Upstate NY area (prefer Albany NY area), or Western MA, or Southern VT

Education
Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2004.
Bachelor of Science in Physics, State University of New York at Albany, 2001.

Work experience
3 years as a Thin Film Process Engineer at a solar cell startup, leading plant engineering efforts dealing with Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) of metals and alloys. I developed reactive magnetron sputtering processes for transparent conducting oxides (TCO) and metal-nitride thin films. I also supervised daily activities of plant personnel.

5 years before that as a Process / Manufacturing Engineer in IBM's microelectronics division (chip fabs). I directed engineering activities and provided line support for process sectors in 200mm and 300mm semiconductor manufacturing facilities. I was responsible for processes including: silicon oxidation, metal annealing, and PVD of metal thin films.

Looking for
My current job security is shaky, so I am looking for options in engineering and/or research. Obviously my background is in thin films / material science, but my skills are transferable to any technical discipline.

Contact jra0237 at gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU