Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carlcarlson
Jun 20, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

Some collage and experience is preferred.

I don't have much collage experience, but I'm terrific at decoupage :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carlcarlson
Jun 20, 2008
Crosspost from the SH/SC job thread

IT Support Tech

Who we are: Professional services firm with several offices in the US, and a couple of international offices

What we're looking for: Tier 1 tech support. Currently the IT department is two people, and we need a third so we can take care of our increasing employee population. I am at the point where I spend most of my time in meetings and conference calls, and there is no longer enough time to baby sit everyone and all of their requests. We need someone that is comfortable talking to people on the phone, being polite when the other party is losing their mind due to technical issues, and isn't afraid to figure out whatever the problem is and fix it, or escalate if you can't figure out what the problem is.

The Good: The IT department is pretty autonomous as no one else in the company has really any idea what we do, or how we do it. I wouldn't even know who the 3rd most knowledgeable IT person is. I would be your boss, and am generally a real good time as long as you show up to work and work while you're here. There is plenty of time for goofing off and I try to spend as much of my day laughing or making other people laugh as possible. The IT department is very tight knit and basically operates under an all-for-one, one-for-all approach. If someone is getting slammed with whatever, we all pitch in to get the work done.

The Bad: For being the market leader in the work that we do, our employees are that much clueless when it comes to computers. I had to argue with an employee once that claimed he never had to press the send button in Outlook to actually send an email. He had been using outlook for 10 years at that point and was unable to explain how he sent emails without pressing the send button. This same employee complained this week that he didn't like how his screensaver looked on his 2nd monitor.

Benefits: Employee only health insurance is heavily employer subsidized, 401(k) match is 100% up to 5% of your salary, along with the usual insurance policies. Another benefit is that you would get to work for me, a goon. Also, this is great for someone who wants to focus on whatever you want to focus on. There will be times when the phone isn't ringing, and if you want to work on Group Policy, or tweaking VM performance, or network switch configuration, or whatever you care about, you will have the opportunity to do so.

PM me for more info.

carlcarlson
Jun 20, 2008

Necronomicon posted:

Tech industry is hosed right now. I lost my job back in late October and I'm still on the market, and only just realized this thread existed, so:
Just sent you a pm about an opening at a place I used to work at