Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cf1140
Jun 28, 2008

Apex posted:

Looking for a Job - Able to start January 2010

Industry: Accounting/Finance
Location: Anywhere really, I currently live in Michigan, have also lived in Texas and New Hampshire, definitely willing to relocate.

Education:
Masters of Business Administration (emphasis in Accounting) - Graduating in December
Bachelors in Business with Accounting Major

In process of taking CPA Exam, took one last month (results pending), taking second one this weekend with the remaining 2 scheduled for Nov. 30th and Jan. 2nd. I will have my 150 hours by the end of December.

Work Experience:
Two tax season internships with local firms, one was entirely tax while the other was half audit and half tax work. Specifics included with Resume.

Proficient with Excel, ProSystems tax, GoSystems Audit, and Creative Solutions. Some working knowledge of Quickbooks and Peachtree.

Resume: http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B7QGVM3ilq_ROTY1MDdmODgtZmZkYS00YzBhLWFkYmItYWFjZGYyNGMxZDY3&hl=en

My email is listed on the resume and I also have PM's, please feel free to contact about me about any possible opportunities or any questions you may have. Thanks.

Move to a Texas City first, then look for jobs. Or say your dead set on moving to X city. It would be easy with your resume to get a job in Houston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cf1140
Jun 28, 2008

Apex posted:

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely look more into Texas. I actually met with one firm located in Houston, Melton+Melton, but things didn't pan out unfortunately.

eh screw that firm they rejected me too. That firm's in a shopping center outside the center of Houston if IIRC.

Look into MFR, EEPB, Gainer Donnelly & Desroches, and Briggs and Veselka.