Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light
Jul 2, 2008
I'll give it a shot. Not much hope for me though.

Looking for a Career

Education

Junior graduate of high school though it really means nothing, and a year and a half of community college under Business Management though the program has changed and my hours are null.

Work Experience

A Kroger food store for roughly a year, Office Depot for nearly 5 years (I was let go in January) but I did nearly every position, and now an assistant manager in training for a convienence store at a dead end job in a backwater town. (No one else was willing to even look twice at my resume. Overqualified for retail positions according to three possible employers.) As with anyone, I like computers and use them extensively.

Looking for:
In short, without wasting peoples' time, a means to establish a career in any field I can either be trained in, trade, or apprenticeship. Education is not an issue, as I'm willing to learn, though money is always a problem. My wife and I would like to move more north, though pretty much anywhere with a larger town and nicer overall demeanor would be nice. (She'd like to move to Seattle one day, though currently, that's not an option.)

As stated, I'm in a backwater town that has no hope for a future, and we're almost needing to relocate. I'd like to make more than the 18k a year that I was making at Office Depot, if at all possible.

Thank you again for any information or suggestions.

Contact can be made at archaiclight at gmail dot com.

Good luck in acquiring jobs everyone!

Edit: Backwater Town USA doesn't exist. Sorry. Texarkana, Texas. (State Line of Arkansas and Texas)

Light fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU