Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Job posting for Dallas residents

Who: a mediocre corporation (founders of meh.com, former founders of woot.com)

What: Support Engineer (and some other stuff on our jobs page)

What does that mean:
  • Independently verifying bug reports and fixing bugs where you’ll quickly learn about Node.js, Express, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and other web development technologies
  • Gathering, organizing, and monitoring data from Salesforce, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, and more
  • Helping to troubleshoot issues with everything from our supply chain and warehouse management systems to our customer facing websites hosted in the cloud on Microsoft Azure and AWS
  • Administering our Desk.com support system
  • Creating, debugging, and maintaining ETL processes
  • Maintaining and debugging our Raspberry Pi, Google Chrome OS, and Geckoboard company dashboards
  • You’ll be expected to learn the current and future technologies we use to build our ecommerce systems.

It's a super fun company to work for and there is a lot of opportunity for getting experience in development technologies that you might not have worked with before (at least that's what they tell me, I'm not a developer). Dallas residents only though. PM me with questions or just apply here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Job Seeker

Location: Dallas/Fort Worth (or Denver if willing to relocate me, ha)

Education: Bachelor of Arts, Communication - New Media

Short summary: I have a comm degree and weird work history and "haven't found my calling" so I'll do whatever if you put me at a desk (except sales). Most of my college experience was centered around marketing so coming up with creative marketing stuff would be great. I like creative jobs and I'm good at graphic design and decent at shooting/editing video, but these can be considered as bonuses on why I'm great to hire and not my main role. I'm also good at excel, or at least googling for solutions when I don't already know how to make excel do what I want.

Experience: Currently: 3.5 years ecommerce merchandising at a pseudo-startup deal-a-day company (meh.com, linked there because I don't want the website's referral widget to out me :tinfoil:); scheduling products, evaluating product opportunities, writing product specs, filming/editing a bunch of videos and a few livestreams, a lot of community engagement stuff in the forums, and covered for photographing/editing product images frequently. Most of my day-to-day work is organizing info and putting it into Salesforce though.

Previous: 2 years of graphic design and product development for a lamp company that supplied stores like Target, Walmart, and Costco; created vector files for lampshade designs, 3D models for lamp bodies, photoshops for store display designs, researched design trends and materials.

What I want: Something dealing with the internet or video games or film/TV would be cool but I'm not super picky if the right opportunity comes along. Big fan of startups. I've been lucky with my last two jobs that I didn't have to do the same thing every day and got to have creative outlets here and there, and that is something that I would ideally like to keep if possible; I love graphic design but I don't want to be a full-time graphic designer, and I love shooting and editing video but I'm fairly green when it comes to that (though I would jump at a chance to build on that experience).

What I need: Full-time, health insurance, within an hour of Irving (no Frisco or Plano), something at least creative-adjacent and not soul draining

Available: Immediately.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not sure where to ask this, but wasn't there a goon that would write a resume for you?

I think he ended up selling the business but it was/is resumetointerviews.com. It's more of a guided thing where they keep asking you to be more specific about stuff and then format it all nice and pretty, but it was worth every penny for me and was a million times better than the bullshit that my college career department helped me with. I've been using the same thing they gave me 7 years ago and just keep updating it myself with what I learned from the process.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Job Seeker

Location: Dallas/Fort Worth (or anywhere with a better climate, if willing to relocate me)

Education: Bachelor of Arts, Communication - New Media

Summary: I've spent the last 5 years at an Ecommerce company, the first 4 were setting up our sales (researching products, finding/writing specifications, making sure photography did their poo poo and covering for them if I needed to) and now I schedule what we're selling (talking to our buyers and product managers about what we have and what prices we can set to meet profit goals). I also spent a lot of time shooting/editing videos and doing a bunch of engagement stuff with our community of customers like livestreams and photoshop contests.

Previous: 2 years of graphic design and product development for a lamp company that supplied stores like Target, Walmart, and Costco; created vector files for lampshade designs, 3D models for lamp bodies, photoshops for store display designs, researched design trends and materials.

What I want: Something dealing with the internet/video games/film/TV would be cool but idgaf about the industry as long as the environment is decent. I love graphic design but I don't want to be a full-time graphic designer, so a creative role in marketing or product design or whatever that uses graphic design as a bonus would be perfect.

What I need: Full-time, health insurance, within an hour of Irving, TX (no Frisco or Plano), something not soul draining

Available: Immediately.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Edit: Nevermind

Friend fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Seconding LinkedIn and indeed, I also like ziprecruiter a lot.

Avoid monster.com at all costs. Regardless of what you put for what your interested in, it is just a constant wave of temp/entry level/probably-a-pyramid-scheme positions emailing you out of the blue.