Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
Job Seeker

Location: Washington DC metro area (currently northern Virginia)

Education: Master of Fine Arts, creative writing; Bachelor of Arts, English (both from quality institutions)

Experience:
- three years teaching writing, literature, and research at an award-winning community college
- two years teaching during graduate school
- experience with part-time work doing data entry, tutoring, and office work
- currently tutoring elementary school students in reading and phonics

Requirements: full-time, $35k+, room for growth

Can start: ASAP

My strengths: Creative, excellent written/verbal communication skills, very good listener, quick problem-solver, extremely organized, friendly, and a team player. I would like to use my teaching experience in writing, demonstrating, explaining, and evaluating to make a difference in the world.

bam thwok posted:

My company hires for liberal artsy fartsy research jobs too. I majored in Policy Analysis and Economics; for this job, they want smart people who can write and not poo poo themselves when asked to use Excel and Powerpoint. If you majored in Classics there's room for you here. Fair warning though, this department is a bit of an Ivy-league and Ivy-like club, as the one coworker in my department I know of who studied classics did so at Harvard.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/6886/job

edit: ah gently caress it, here's every open position we've got. Have at it goons. Send emails with your resume to gaffind at advisory.com.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchLocation=&searchCategory=

I am just about as far as you can get from Ivy League, but I killed my southern accent for the most part and I'm nice. I will be sending you my resume as well as applying online. Thanks! :)

Betazoid fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
Job Posting

Who we are: the Federal Railroad Administration, a component of the US Department of Transportation.

Where we are hiring: Currently WFH, but eventually nationwide. Most office jobs (Headquarters) are in Washington, DC, at the Navy Yard / Ballpark metro station; field jobs are at various duty stations.

Who we are hiring: current jobs posted on USAJobs here: https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/Results?a=TD05

Why you should care:
Fed Gov: job security once you get through your one-year probation period
Room for growth: people move all around FRA and DOT to learn skills and promote
Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, retirement matching, the whole package
Fun coworkers: typically train nerds, at least one goon, lots of career folks with 20+ years here (people are happy), several young people (we're growing!)

How to contact: PM or post an email. Happy to answer any questions about FRA or working here. I have no hiring authority and no connection to HR.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

fatman1683 posted:

How does one get started in HR/recruiting/talent acquisition? My wife has had a few different roles since getting her degree, but on a recent volunteer job she discovered that she really enjoys recruiting and networking. Her background is mostly journalism, marketing, and communications, and every 'entry-level' recruiting job we've found requires at least 3-5 years of recruiting experience.

How does one break into this field?

Good question... At my job, our only entry-level HR jobs are targeted at recent grads.