Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
more of a lead than an actual posting yet, but:
I work middle management in a hotel chain in Greenland. We're going to be looking for a tourist manager sometime in the next year, to start in spring.

Now, Greenland is in a weird place regarding visas cause it's not in the EU, but it's part of Denmark -kinda- which is. This means europeans and brits dont get automatic work permits, and thus, Americans have a good shot at free healthcare and the backdoor to a Danish visa which comes with living here. We're also looking for a native english speaker, although obviously speaking one of the scandi languages is a plus.

Our tourist manager job is equal parts office work, and actual tourist interaction with some hospitality sprinkled in. You'd need to be certified for a small boat and guiding in general or be willing to go through the process of certifying for it. Someone with experience guiding in the US mountains -even in summer- or similar would probably have a great shot.

Pay isn't anything special, but you get housed and fed, and as i said, it's a sure way to Danish and EU residency. I came into my job here with no hospitality experience, and i mostly just do generic midde managing - you might be able to take over my gig, too, in not too long as ill be moving on due to family stuff.

If living in the Arctic, breathing the cleanest air, and seeing the most amazing nature you've ever imagined appeals and you have some of those skills, PM me. no guarantees, but i can at least make sure your resume gets seen and a fair shot. Job won't be posted until over christmas, but if the right candidate happens to be recommended, we won't have to post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU