Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pianist
Jun 9, 2001
NOT A RAPIST.
Recent Graduate Looking for a Job

I finished my undergrad in May, had lots of interviews during the 2008 recruiting season but no offers. Ended up taking an internship in India, which has been an awesome experience but now it is time to go back to the US and get serious about getting a job.

Location: I am open to any big city area location, preferably NYC/Philly/DC/Boston or Bay area. Currently I live in Philly but can relocate for a new job.

Education: Cornell University, Economics/History double major. 3.7 GPA, 3.9 Econ.

ExperienceI've done a summer internship with a microfinance NGO in DC where I reduced default rates, underwrote loans, communicated with new clients, and developed new business. My current internship ending 9/29 is an IT company in India. I marketed and sold web/software development, bid on projects, managed projects, and processed software development data relating to the development of a software solution for the Vermont DMV.

Skills:
  • Fluent Spanish
  • Theoretical and applied statistics & econometrics
  • Experience with STATA for data analysis
  • Lots of presentation experience
  • Experience with project management
  • International experience: I have lived in US, Spain, India, and spent lots of time in Latin America
  • Proficiency in all MS Office apps

Looking for: I'm looking for a full-time position in a big city where I'll be challenged to learn stuff on a daily basis. At this point I don't really care about industry anymore, but before I was targeting consulting firms, especially economic consulting. I suppose most of the jobs I'm interested in have "analyst" in the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU