Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
Looking for a job

Desired position: Mechanical engineering in the field of robotics or prosthetics, or something that would offer experience directly applicable towards that (basically, something dealing with the design of complex machinery or advanced industrial automation). May be somewhat more flexible with respect to work if it's within commuting distance of my current home.

Location: NY, Hudson Valley. Would be willing to relocate to areas I deem suitable for my needs (most of Florida, Texas, possibly Indiana or Ohio). Mostly looking for someplace where a house with a garage would be affordable, that doesn't have crazy high taxes, and has a decent variety of industry should I need a new job. May also be willing to commute to the city.

Education: MS in mechanical engineering with research focusing on mobile robotics (explained in greater detail in my resume)

Work experience: Various engineering-related internships plus research assistanship. Currently working as CNC programmer (mostly laser cutter, some work with turret punch and water jet cutter) for local machine shop.

Skills:
-Extensive experience with 2D and 3D CAD (mostly AutoCAD and Solidworks)
-Some exposure to FEA software, as well as coursework in mathematical principles behind it
-Experience programming various types of robots
-Capable of working effectively both individually and in a group
-Quick learner with new equipment and software

PM me with company contact info and I can send a resume with references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU