Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Lookin for a Job!!!

Where? Austin, TX/Minneapolis, MN/Washington D.C. Though I'll go anywhere if the pay is good enough.

Who? I'm about to get an M.A. in South Asian Cultures and Languages. I speak and read Hindi and Urdu. I know poo poo about South Asia. I've also worked in a variety of office environments, including accounting. Jesus christ, why didn't I study science or some poo poo. Anyway, I can do translation, research, writing etc.

Anyone? anyone???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I guess I'll get in on this too:

Job-Seeker (will be) in Washington DC

I just got my M.A. in South Asian Cultures and Languages. I speak Hindi and Urdu and some Spanish. I'm pretty awesome at research and writing and I also have experience planning events for my department. I have also worked a wide variety of administrative jobs including: Receptionist at a Synagogue, admin assistant for the faculty search committee of a chemistry department, student worker in the accounting office of that same department, etc etc. I'm a spreadsheet and powerpoint master as well as a "self starter" and "team player" and all those other awesome things.

I'm arriving in DC towards the end of August and while I would prefer to get some sort of analyst position which would involve some translation work, I'm also open to an admin position to at least support myself while I'm getting settled in DC.

Any suggestions? I have PM, otherwise email me at elizannebow@gmail.com

p.s. I'm also open to positions in Minnesota, Texas, New York or Washington.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

SGisPeople posted:

You can get a job with a 3 letter right now so long as you haven't gone on any cocaine fueled crime sprees in the near past. The fact that you speak Urdu, and can use Power Point qualifies you for intel analysis right away you just need the clearance now.

Yeah, I know. I've applied to pretty much every three letter I can think of. No dice.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

sbaldrick posted:

You're one of them homosexuals aren't you, boy!

I kid, it seems the US government is run by idiots.

Girl and no. Must be somethin else!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Pillowpants posted:

Are any of the job seekers here having luck getting jobs?

Not yet, I'm moving to DC next month to see if I can harass people into giving me interviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Gadamer posted:

I'll be soon behind you. Unemployed goon DC house anyone? :toot:

Not a terrible idea...or maybe it is...could go either way!. I'm planning on subleasing a place for a month or two until I actually have stable job.