Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sink the biz
Jun 13, 2002

My goodness my Guinness
Looking for a Job
Tired of being underpaid / under appreciated. Plus the job market is starting to loosen, and companies have definitely started hiring again.

Education: BS in Information Systems from a State University. Graduated in 2004 with a 3.9 GPA

Work Experience: Currently a Manager within the Big 4, doing IT advisory for the past 3 years. Previously was in industry for 2 years, doing a leadership development program with a large industrial conglomerate. Got my CISA, CISM, PMP, ITIL, and all the other requisite certs.

I'm looking for an IT Audit or Governance role in the financial services (banking, capital markets, insurance, etc) space.

sink the biz fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sink the biz
Jun 13, 2002

My goodness my Guinness
Job Opening
Seeking experienced IT consulting professionals for an opening in the IT Strategy consulting arm for a Big 4 firm.

Location: Hiring in New York City, Charlotte, NC and McLean, VA

To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- a degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred
- a minimum of 3+ years of experience working in the financial services industry or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services company; preferably with a strong consulting background in banking, asset management, capital markets or insurance
- executive presence and strong communications, facilitation and presentation skills
- strong delivery skills (i.e. ability to scope/size a project, staff a team with the appropriate skill set, provide subject matter direction and guidance to a team, manage the delivery of an engagement workstream)
- experience on strategic consulting engagements developing detailed, compelling and analytical PowerPoint/Excel/Word/Visio deliverables to convey complex thoughts and ideas to various stakeholders
- strong demonstrated project/program management skills
- demonstrated ability to bring order to ambiguous situations; candidates must be able to document a client's issues and requirements, and through concrete analysis and insights drawn from past experiences with other clients, determine root causes and develop improvement plans
- demonstrated history of working in teams, developing junior staff
- demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- ability to travel up to 80-90% (including potential overseas travel)

Required IT Strategy Competencies:
- Broad knowledge of the IT function and how IT enables the business through effective strategic planning, governance and management discipline
- Knowledge of key IT management processes and industry frameworks (i.e. CMMI, COBIT,ITIL, Six Sigma, ISO 2700x, PMBOK, Prince2, etc)
- Experience working with IT leadership (CIO, IT Director) and business leadership (CFO, COO, BU President, etc) to help shape and guide the IT strategic and improvement agenda
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CBCP, ITIL, PMP or other specialized IT certifications

Required IT Advisory Technical Competencies (Minimum of 3 of the following):
IT Strategy Development
IT Governance
IT Process Improvement
IT Service Management
IT Infrastructure Strategy
Initiatives Portfolio Management/Demand Management
Application Portfolio Rationalization
IT Financial Management and Planning
Sourcing Strategy
IT Operating Models (onshore vs. offshore, insourced vs. outsourced, org structures, skills and competency planning, etc)
IT Cost Reduction
IT Mergers and Acquisitions Integration
Large Scale IT Transformation Program Management

PM me if interested. Thanks

sink the biz
Jun 13, 2002

My goodness my Guinness

Lowness 72 posted:

is that a senior consultant role?

It's a Manager role description. A Senior Consultant would have slightly less qualifications.

sink the biz
Jun 13, 2002

My goodness my Guinness
Job Openings - New York, NY / Chicago, IL / Dallas, TX / Charlotte, NC / San Francisco, CA / Washington DC

Required Background
- We have a number of openings at all experienced levels (3+ years of experience necessary) for Strategic Technology Advisory within a Big 4's Financial Services Advisory practice
- Financial services experience in at least one of the following sectors - Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Asset Management, Secondary Mortgage Markets
- Prior consulting experience a plus, including experience in effective client delivery, sales & proposal / pursuits, team leadership, excellent communication skills and executive presence

Domain expertise in at least one or more of the following areas:
- IT Strategy
- Business Architecture
- Platform and Enterprise Architecture
- Shared service strategy
- IT Performance Management / Financial Management / Cost Optimization
- Regulatory considerations for IT (e.g. Dodd Frank, Living Wills, FATCA, etc)
- Application Rationalization
- IT Rightshoring / Outsourcing
- IT Transformation & Integration
- IT Program Management
- IT Divestiture
- Due Diligence / IT Valuation for M&A activities
- IT Service Management and Operations
- Data Center Infrastructure Advisory
- Testing strategy
- BPM
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile payments / new digital channels