Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Looking for a job
Since June of this year I have been working as a German-language translator/liaison interpreter for the IT department of a multinational producer of salon/haircare goods. I am responsible for communicating with colleagues in our German offices (and employees of one of our sister companies based out of Frankfurt) and providing technical support in their own language, as well as facilitating communication between users who are not comfortable with English (or cannot speak it at all) and my superiors.

Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH, but ideally somewhere on the west coast (specifically San Francisco and Seattle).

Industry: Translation/Anything involving German language or language acquisition/education, or international relations in general.

Education: Bachelor of Arts in History and German from Miami University (Ohio), December 2009.

Experience: I have worked with my current employer (who shall remain anonymous until someone requests a resumé) since June of 2009 in the aforementioned position of German-language translator and support technician. One year experience in an academic archive setting, acting as student archivist and transcriptionist for Miami University's Oral History Project, an endeavor culminating in a new published history of the university and the surrounding area. One year student experience in the campus print shop, where I was responsible primarily for project finishing and large-format printing. One year retail sales experience at Best Buy (two different stores in two different states) specializing in both Home Theater and Computing departments.

Other Skills: Technical experience, including troubleshooting and operation of various software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Windows XP/Vista, Mac OSX, SAP, and Service Desk Express. Comfortable working with Active Directory and SCCM. Strong verbal and written skills in both English and German.

In addition to the aforementioned work experience, I work well in many different types of work environments and situations, having been consistently praised for my adaptability. Currently, I'm seeking to expand my language skills with a third foreign language (open to suggestions or necessity) and am working on translating a German-language crime novel into English as a personal side project.

Email: looneycr at muohio.edu

Thanks for taking the time to consider me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

What the hell, let's give this another try.

Job seeker in Cincinnati, OH (also open to Dayton, OH)

Education: BA in History and German, Miami University (Ohio)
Looking For: Administrative support and infrastructure (entry-level or 1-2 years experience), historical archive/records administration, really anything that utilizes my fluency in the German language and/or matches my skills below.
Experience: 1 year as a German translator/European liaison at a multinational salon product corporation (duties including but not limited to: project coordination, technical support, crafting and maintenance of standard operating procedure for a medium-sized technical support department, native-language telephone support to colleagues operating in German sister offices, responsible for interviewing potential new employees with German fluency). Beyond that, 2 years retail sales/customer service experience, 1 year as a public historian/assistant archivist, Miami University Archives.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio (but willing to commute to Dayton if necessary).

My office support experience is pretty wide-ranging and I have a good framework upon which to build my skills. Computer skills in: Microsoft XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office 2003/2007, Adobe Creative Suite, Service Desk Express, SAP, Active Directory management, Microsoft Exchange. Ideally, I would not be seeking a position in IT, but my existing skills will enable me to dive into any position without much software training.

I'm kinda reluctant to post my email here, so please contact me via PM or reply to this post and I'll contact you.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

fyallm posted:

Job Openings in Cincinnati, OH IT jobs in the Banking Industry.

Unfortunately I don't qualify for any of these, but since you're the first person I've ever seen post a job in Cincinnati, please let me say: POST MORE.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

fyallm posted:

I have a bunch of others that I know of, so if you want PM me with your resume / what your looking for and hopefully we can find you something! I didn't want to post all of what I had, because it was a bunch!

PM sent, you're awesome.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

nocturna posted:

We've got a couple more openings that we need to fill immediately!

Since you've been looking for multilingual types, let me know if you ever need any English/German please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

B B posted:

Job Opening
We also have other openings available in Arlington, Cincinnati, Oakland, and London--ranging from tech support, sales, software engineering, and pretty much anything else you could expect from a software company.

This is awesome, there are like four jobs in Cincinnati that I'd like to apply for. Thanks!