Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jemak
Dec 27, 2003

Go to JAIL.
Go directly to JAIL.
Do not pass GO.
Do not collect :200bux:

I am currently employed full time, but paid measurably below the "Low Income" threshold for my county according to USDA.gov, ergo I can't afford to buy a house on my current salary, so I'm exploring my options.
Alarmingly resourceful and concerningly creative technical engineer / board game designer / voice actor looking to fill a creative and/or administrative role just about anywhere but here.

Seeking

Education:
BSBA - Management Major, Dual AA - Fine Art / Business Admin

Experience:
You ever meet one of those people who can do pretty much anything but just get bored doing it really quickly...if that's all they do? Hi.
I worked through college working two part time jobs, one as a security guard at a car dealership and the other as a DJ of the local 80/90s commercial radio station that wasn't giving me enough hours. I moved to Phoenix to finish college and fell in with an architectural drafting firm in Scottsdale who, at first, really needed me to backfill as a CAD drafter, but when computers started to break and I heard the owner's friend of a client's son come into the computer room and tell our boss "Nah, Servers can't get viruses" I knew I needed to step in. I became their one-person IT department for several years until economic downturn happened and work dried up.
I went on to a financial services company doing internal support as a jr. server admin for another few years until they, well, sued the IRS. (spoiler: they had a bad time)

After our whole department was laid off in waves, I decided 12 years in IT was enough for me and I thought I should start my own business...publishing Board Games. On Kickstarter.
Not for nothing, I already had a boardgame published by another company at this point (see: Magnum Opus) but I was told I had the chops to make the big bucks because publishing was where the real money was. Against all odds, I successfully ran and managed that international game publishing company for about six years and we shipped four flagship products (plus three supplemental products) worldwide and profitably until about the COVID/Trump double whammy annihilated the survivability of independent companies like mine. I avoided bankruptcy and paid off 100% of the debt, and went back to fixing computers again. I'm a Technical Engineer once more (despite having been told over 'once you leave IT, they'll never take you back!' and doing just that, I'm not really all that happy, to be honest. When I was publishing, I was fully in charge of all creative and administrative tasks, as well as community management, graphic design, creative game design, media producer, public speaker, documentation, and even accounting...and now I'm just a phone jockey for people who wouldn't be calling in the first if they had read their emails. I can do better than this.

Looking for: A company/organization that is actually interested in reviewing my background in detail in utilizing all of my skills. Not just "holly carp, you're good at computers? Put him on the phones." I produced products with UPCs. I negotiatied a localization project with a German publisher so we could have one of our games produced in German. I did all this while maintaining our own IT needs as well.
I have that special kind of autism that makes me really bored if you make me do the same repetitive mundane task everyday, but if you throw weird/unique problems at me, I will bring surprising solutions and ideas to you that you hadn't considered. Every time. I designed entire internal systems necessary so that a game could proceed from beginning to end without literally crashing and still be "fun," I can do so much more than routing tickets for bloated companies that refuse to train their own new employees. Is "Help me help you." the appropriate phrase here? I don't know.
I've just worked much too hard for much too little for way too long, and I could be doing it for someone who cares a lot more and has more focus on growth.

Desired Salary Range: 85k and up to remain remote, more to return to an office environment, all is negotiable. (inb4 trolls: this is a modest increase from my current compensation and location, ok?)

Willing to relocate? Sure. I hate Phoenix. It's like living on Arrakis. I'd rather WFH but anything is negotiable. Move me somewhere more rural in northern AZ or like Snowflake or western NM or maybe even ABQ or FLG somewhere near those towns and I would probably really be interested.

Contact: PM me, or ian [at] magicmeeplegames [dot] com. My resume is quite ready to go. I hope my tale has been entertaining, at least.

Thank you in advance.

Jemak fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU