Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

My company is aggressively hiring at the moment - here's one of our positions:

Position:Java Engineer

Qualifications:"The successful candidate will be a seasoned Java professional with at least 5 years of experience. Experience with Scala, Apache Spark, and Hadoop infrastructures are a strong plus, as this role will help build out our solution for large-scale processing of data in a Hadoop environment." Knowledge of semantic web technology is a plus but not required.

I've been working for this company for about a year now in a general IT capacity, and I really like it here. Benefits package is quite nice, and we offer an unlimited vacation policy. I don't have PMs, so send me a resume at imcuster at gmail dot com.

We're also hiring: Research / senior research engineer (machine learning / graph analytics), DevOps engineer, UI/UX designer, Javascript application engineer, and solutions software engineer (client-facing technical position). The company has been around for 8 years now and we're moving into a pretty rapid growth period at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Tech industry is hosed right now. I lost my job back in late October and I'm still on the market, and only just realized this thread existed, so:

Seeking
Location: Northampton, MA - about 2.5 hours west of Boston in Western MA

Education: Masters, Information Science, BA English (which has been surprisingly useful as an engineer)

Experience: 6 years as a DevOps Engineer, about 3 before that as a sysadmin. Broadly speaking I am great with AWS and Terraform (I hold a Terraform certification), but have experience with on-prem (VMWare) as well as GCP and Azure. I know bash, a tiny smattering of Python, and am currently teaching myself Go. I've used Kubernetes in multiple contexts and have plenty of experience with Docker. I've used multiple CI/CD systems including Jenkins, Travis-CI, and GitHub Actions. I write effective documentation that has been used extensively by colleagues both during and after my tenures at previous jobs.

Looking for: Mid / senior DevOps Engineer role, fully remote. Open to contract but permanent roles are preferred.

Willing to consider relocating: We just bought a house and have an 11-month old son, so...nope.