Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Kin posted:

I just quit my job because it paid next to minimum wage, forced me to work with a manager who offloaded all of his workload onto me out of his own incompetence/laziness, and HR's solution was to simply move me to another shittier part of the company that paid an equally low wage.

A lot of people seem to be naysaying the job market at the minute, but from the various graduate job sites i've browsed through, there are still plenty of entry level graduate positions available as long as you meet the minimum requirement of the 2(1)honors degree. Even more are available after you have a bit of experience in a particular field under your belt.

That being said, i'm tired of business and especially so of marketing and am considering the possibility of returning to university and grabbing a degree in Engineering or one of its fields.

edit: i do of course understand that people that dont quite fit into this category may be experiencing a harder time of finding work.
A friend of mine just got a job after looking for over a year. There were over a hundred qualified applicants to this entry-level job, and it pays below market average. Just because the job was listed doesn't mean there are plenty of jobs out there. The double-digit unemployment rate is another sign that you're full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Dik Hz fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 25, 2012

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Job Available

Cross post from the Lab Chat thread.

Got another job posting in the Piedmont Triad area of North Carolina. We're looking for an entry level analytical chemist who's good at learning new techniques and solving a very diverse set of problems independently. It's like CSI, except with road markings instead of crime. Apply through monster or send me your resume and cover letter at offwidthcrack at gmail.

Edit: I'd be happy to answer any questions about the company or position. Just email me.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Crossposted from the Lab Chat thread:

Job Opening
I'm looking to hire a Gas Chromatography Chemist with industry experience and the confidence to take apart, service, and reassemble GCs. In addition, the person should be independent, self directed, and able to develop methods and analyze data. Experience working with polymers and/or pyrolysis unit is a major plus. Job is located in Thomasville, NC. Convenient to the Piedmont Triad area of the state. If you're interested, send me a resume and cover letter to dikhzgcjob yahoo com.

We are a fast paced manufacturing company. People stuck in the FDA/GMP/GLP mentality generally have a tough time transitioning to the pace of our work. I have 10 different projects right now that need a good GC chemist. So you'll have diverse, challenging projects to work on.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

LLSix posted:

I've got a friend who sounds like they might be a good fit. Are you looking for someone with a BS or someone with a PHd?

Doesn't matter as long as they have solid experience.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

I'm hiring an analytical chemist with a focus in polymer characterization.

The analytical team at Ennis-Flint is looking for an analytical chemist with a focus in polymer characterization. We support research and development of a diverse set of coatings and markings. Please see our website for an overview of the types of chemistries we work with. This position is ideal for a creative problem solver with a strong analytical background who enjoys developing new methods and analyzing challenging samples.

Qualifications:

BS in Chemistry/ChemE or equivalent plus 4 years of relevant experience/MS +2 years/PhD

Strong communication skills

Self-directed

Proficient with: GPC, DSC, TGA, Rheology, DMA.

Familiar with: GC/MS, HPLC, FTIR, NMR, SEM/EDX, titrations and wet chemistry

This position will be based at our new R&D facility in Thomasville, NC.

Send me an e-mail at mswenson at flinttrading com with inquiries/resumes. I'm looking to fill this position asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

filled

Dik Hz fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 28, 2015