Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

If anyone needs a geologist near Boulder Colorado I can be of service.

I'm a recent grad currently working as a staff geologist at an environmental consulting company. I don't like the company too much due to certain business practices. I had good grades and have been gaining experience since August.

I have work experience with ground water monitoring/sampling. Air sampling, radon sampling, and various research skills especially related to coal mining in the West.

I also have IT experience with web programming and web admin/design.

Contact through thread or my email is my sa username at gmail.com

Sylink fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 20, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Weekend Linux Engineer -

The company I work at is looking linux system engineer to add to our support team. Are you a jack of all trades or perhaps very familiar with the items on this short list?

- Xen Virtualization
- Hosting Magento eCommerce stores
- Hosting PHP-based software
- cPanel (we are working on getting rid of this !)
- Nginx
- Apache
- Centos 5/6
- Work on various projects
- Motivated and able to learn on your own (we won't leave you hanging though!)
- Strong social skills to work with customers from our around the world to resolve their server issues
- Linux command line skills

For this position, you would be working the weekend shift, mostly alone, to answer tickets as they come in from customers. Other work may be assigned based on skillset/need and scheduled maintenance tasks. This is not on call and you will be expected to respond to all customer tickets promptly within the company SLA. Support is primarily via e-mail but some phone support may be required. Work is also remote so any candidate is expected to have a reliable internet connection and the equipment necessary to use it (i.e. a computer).

Problem solving and following through are the most important things you will be doing. New and exciting issues come up every day and we don't have a manual for every single one. You will be expected to use your brain and think creatively to find solutions and work with the rest of our team if needed to keep our customers happy.

The shift is weekends 12pm-12am EST. We are open to people around the world but good English skills are a must.

you can email me your creds this username at gmail.

You can also use this and just apply , but feel free to PM/email me with any questions http://mojojojo.theresumator.com/apply/Oy7N2y/Weekend-Linux-Engineer.html

Sylink fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 27, 2014