Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
Edit: removed info that linked my e-mail to the forums.

ApathyGifted fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 3, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

MrMidnight posted:

My company (Big international oil and gas) is looking to hire around 3 new engineering grads out of college. We're based out of Houston and you'll be spending time in the office and offshore. Of course, with the situation we have currently you probably won't be going offshore until the new year.

Contact me via PM for details.

What kind of engineers? Many different types can fit into an oil and gas company. Chemical, industrial, mechanical, and I think there is such a thing as petroleum engineering.

I can't afford something frivolous like an upgrade to get PM's (hell my car's tank has been on E for 3 weeks now, I'm gambling like hell on saving money), but if you think an Aerospace Engineering grad has a chance (tons of overlap with Mechanical Engineering, so if you're looking for one of those I can fill it), then say so and I'll post my e-mail in here.

Edit: I'll work for free if the main method of transport to the oil rig is by helicopter.

ApathyGifted fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 2, 2010

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
Gonna try this one more time...

Job Seeker

I've got a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, looking for work anywhere in the lower 48, but if you know of openings near Los Angeles I will love you forever (And if you live nearby I will buy you dinner at your restaurant of choice upon getting hired.)
Note: I live in North Carolina, I just have lots of friends who have moved to LA and it's got more aerospace opportunities than anywhere else.

Desired position
Entry level Aerospace or Mechanical Engineer, or drafting. Can also do Manufacturing Engineering or Structural Engineering.

Experience
Spring 2009 - Present: I've been filling my time of unemployment with freelance drafting and technical writing work, and a little bit of structural design.
Summer 2007 - Internship at a major aerospace sub-contractor. Working in manufacturing, quality control, CNC and sheet metal fabrication shops (not doing fabrication myself, but working closely with the people who were and learning as much as I could), and prototype construction.

I've got the usual engineering coursework, along with fun things like Compressible Aerodynamics, Orbital Mechanics, Space Systems Design, Jet and Rocket Propulsion. I've also got an award-winning senior design project under my belt that ended up on the Discovery Channel.

Skills
SolidWorks: 5 years
AutoCAD: 2 years
Pro/Engineer: 1 year
MATLAB, Maple, NI Labview, Tecplot, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.

Also have programming coursework and academic project experience with Fortran, but no one uses that anymore so I have no idea why it was a curriculum requirement.

You can PM me if you have plat, or e-mail me at [redacted]

ApathyGifted fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 3, 2015

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Phlegmbot posted:

This is not true because my company uses Fortran. Keep it in your resume.

Oh don't worry about that, I've got some of my academic projects listed, and Fortran is on that for a complicated Orbital Mechanics program I wrote. But I seriously haven't seen any postings that list it as a requirement.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

gzus711 posted:

Job Openings in Orange County, Ca

Too bad that while Los Angeles is my ideal location, I live on the other side of the country.

Edit: Didn't realize my first post was misleading, changing it now.

ApathyGifted fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
Job Seeker

Location: preferably near Raleigh, NC, but open to anywhere in the lower 48.

Education: BS Aerospace Engineering from NC State, also a certificate for completion of an Advanced Catia course from ECU.

Experience: 1 year as a manufacturing engineer, working in composite processes and assembly projects. 2.5 years off-and-on aluminum structures design work for local farms to keep my CATIA and SolidWorks skills sharp.

Looking for: Engineering work, I like all of it. I would like to break out of the manufacturing engineer role, but mostly I'm just looking to move out of the middle of nowhere.

e-mail at [redacted]

ApathyGifted fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 3, 2015