Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457
Looking for a job

Past Experience: Project Manager / Business Development for an iPhone publisher/game studio. Operations Manager (Production/Post-Production) at a mobile game publisher. District Supervisor at Staples.

Desired Position: Anything that might fit with above, or even if it doesn't I'm always open to new things, my skill set it pretty wide.

Contact jasonmorrell at gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

yancy2010 posted:

I came into the online industry through an up and coming website similar to Monster/Career Builder. The two founders also started a tech recruiting company for Northern and Southern California.

At the moment I'm not sure what they are looking for but if you have any experience in the industry I know they recruit for major companies in LA (eHarmony, Mahalo, ect) I can ping and ask them what they need if there is any interest.

Sorry--I know that's really broad but I used to recruit everything from CTOs to Flash/AS guys.

As someone in LA who has had to go back to managing retail because of the game industry's crap right now, I know I am very interested in seeings whats open. I'm looking mainly for ops, assoc producer/ assoc product manager spots. Email me at jasonmorrell at gmail com

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

bullwinkle posted:

Job Opening: Santa Monica, CA

PM'd for more details.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

Blinkman987 posted:

Hiring two positions for a start-up game company

Art Director
-Direct the art!
-Experience with Trading Card Game templating a huge plus
-Understanding the Blizzard brands, attention to detail like "Orc muscle architecture works like so"
-Experience with approvals, workflow, and contracting professional artists
-Experience as an art director/creative team member

Game Designer
-Understands the difference between design and development; can function in both ways
-Understands why games that reward skill alone are unsuccessful
-Experience with Trading Card Games and MMOs, specifically World of Warcraft
-Works as a team member
-Can articulate feedback, reasoning in a constructive way
-Please include your history of published games

These are both in-office positions in Irvine, CA. No exceptions. The hours range from 40-week to 60-week when necessary. The company is very pro-employee, believing that if you have a great place to work and a wonderful atmosphere, you will attract top talent.

You can send your resume to Blinkman987 at gmail dot com. Please include the title "SomethingAwful" in your email, as well as the position that interests you. I'm insanely busy. Please do not be offended if I do not reply to your email. Please do not bombard me with emails of "JUST CHECKING IF U GOT IT LOL." I received it.

Also, please include any high school or college basketball experience in your email. We need a point guard pretty bad.

Any chance at more openings here? I have design experience but its based in casual/mobile. The rest of my game experience is in Operations/Post.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

Blinkman987 posted:

We're full up in operations/pre-press/production, but I know someone in the business who is in need of a smartphone app developer on contract. Would that be something you could do? I'll probably post that job as soon as I can speak to him.

Nope, app dev is outside my abilities. Thanks though, if you hear of anything else local I'd be keen to know though. LA has been dead for me so far.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457
Job Listing

There are a ton more jobs here: http://www.nixhydra.com/jobs/ this is just one that needs to be filled!
Some of the other jobs include: Game Designer, Digital Content Producer, 3D Modelers
I already posted this in the game jobs thread

Job: UI/UX Artist

Qualifications:

5+ years of relevant schooling/experience OR
2+ year of professional UI/UX design and digital art experience.
Photoshop fluency
Illustrator skill
Flash skill
After Effects (or equivalent) skill

Duties:
Concept, wire frame, flesh out, and polish front end and in-game interfaces
Create animations, transitions, and effects with After Effects, Flash, Photoshop (or equivalent) to be used in game or as reference to programmers.
Generate game ready assets from source that adhere to strict development guidelines.
Be familiar with general optimization and exporting guidelines
Be an expert with mobile UI patterns, and follow current trends in game and application interfaces.
Be knowledgeable of common usability guidelines, and always have the player's experience in mind when designing.
Be able to match different artistic styles while being able to also contribute your own unique vision
We expect artists we hire to be versatile, open minded, and communicative. You will be working closely with the creative director, Art Director, artists, designers and modelers, and should be familiar with all areas of game development. You don’t have to be a designer, an audio engineer, or a programmer; you just have to be able to work and communicate with them.
Measure twice, cut once. We believe in planning and so should you. You will be required to review GDDs and write ADDs that provide detailed work breakdowns and time estimates. You must think ahead about what assets you are creating, how long it will take, how it fits with everything else in the game, and plan accordingly.
Meet regularly with creative director, Art Director, designers, and artists for planning and review. This will involve taking constructive criticism and knowing how and when to assimilate feedback from peers.

Perks!

Here are some of the perks you’ll be enjoying at Nix Hydra:
4 day work week. We get Mondays off and work 10 hours per day Tuesdays through Fridays.
Unlimited vacations. Just give everyone a proper heads up, and be considerate of deadlines.
A helpful & collaborative team. Work with people who love what they do and are happy to pitch in with ideas.
Monthly game/arts and crafts nights with the best tacos in town.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457
JOB OPENINGS

Where: Los Angeles, CA; Campbell, CA; Austin, TX

Come work with me at Magento Commerce, one of the largest ecommerce platforms, we have bunch of openings right now across all our locations.

Culver City (Los Angeles):
Systems Administrator
Sales Contracts Coordinator
Project Manager
Manager, Software Development
IT Operations*closed*
Global Technical Support Engineer
Financial Analyst*closed*
Technology Partner Manager*closed*

Campbell:
Business Intelligence Developer
Business Systems Analyst
Demand Generation, Campaigns
MTS 1, Software Engineer
Program Manager, Magento Marketplace

Austin:
User Experience Designer
Software Engineer 2
Software Engineer
Product Manager
MTS 1, Software Engineer
Head of Engineering - Marketplace
Development Manager

PM me if you want to explore any of these spots, we're being super active in trying to get everything filled. I get some extra comp for referring candidates.
We also have offices in Dublin, Barcelona, Philly, and Kiev, I'm happy to share spots there with you as well.

Updated 9/15 with some closures

Acethomas fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 15, 2016

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

kloa posted:

Do they allow remote workers in any of those CA positions?

Moving to Washington in the next few weeks, so I'll at least be in the same timezone :haw:

They are trying to fill all location listed positions in those office locations first, we're trying to cut down on remote employees at the moment.
The only remote listed spots we have are these:

Channel Director, North America
Enterprise Sales Manager
Solutions Engineer
Territory Sales Manager

Feel free to PM me if any of them sound interesting.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457
Job Opening:

Business Development Rep (BDR)
Entry level, basically enterprise software sales for Magento in Los Angeles (near Culver City), must be local.

See the link here: https://magento.secure.force.com/careers/VanaHCM__Job_Detail?Id=aA01C000000GoDlSAK

I've worked here for two years in partnerships and think its a great place to work. Great chance to continue on to other spots in the company if you do well.
I'm happy to put your resume in front of the hiring manager directly, PM me.

If there's any interest in any other Magento positions I can usually help a bit to make sure they get to the correct recruiter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457
Job Openings

Hey everyone, its been a while since I've posted, last time I worked Magento Commerce, and I still do, except we got bought by Adobe so now I can refer into Adobe overall in additional to open Magento positions.

About the company(s): Magento is one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the world, and has main offices in Los Angeles, San Jose, and Austin (Intl in London, Sydney, and Barcelona). Adobe is one of the largest software companies in the world, known for things like Photoshop, which is pretty cool and has so many offices and remote positions I can't keep up if I tried, the head office is in San Jose.

Currently we're hiring for 1181 positions across Adobe, which is pretty crazy. For Magento we have a much more reasonable 112.
You can see all open positions here: https://adobe.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/external_experienced and Search "Magento" if you want to neck it down to positions where I might know the hiring manager directly.

Some key spots my part of the company is hiring for:
Austin - Product, software/technical architects, program managers, software engineers (regular and senior), reliability engineers, just lots of software spots in general.
Los Angeles/San Jose - communications program manager, marketing spots, solutions architects (like sales engineers kind of), BD and Sales, account mgrs of different types.

Anyway I am not a recruiter but some of these spots have been open for months now and the execs asked us to start reaching out over all our networks so I figured this would be worth a try. PM me if you want any additional details.