Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

combatlobster
Oct 5, 2004
shut up you bastard
Need a job!

Currently in Charlotte, NC but looking everywhere in NC, especially within 100 miles of the Triangle.

Graduated from NC State University in December, 2008. B.S., cum laude in Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management (cumulative 3.45, 3.8-something within my major). My concentration was park and natural resources but I can do anything parks, recreation and tourism related. I have experience with rural tourism development, event planning and marketing, qualitative research, facility planning and management, park management, recreation programming, public finance, fundraising, purchasing, small (sub-$50,000) capital improvement projects, youth development, community development, customer service, working with citizen boards and politicians, camps, and outdoorsy things. I've been trained in basic functions and some intermediate functions of ESRI ArcGIS and can work a mean spreadsheet (among other things).

Work experience

-Tutor. Tutored student athletes at NC State in parks, recreation and tourism management classes. Developed methods for teaching study skills and difficult material. 2008

-Executive Intern. Interned in Green River, Wyoming for a small department with a large budget. I served as a liaison to several citizen boards. I also developed fundraising tools for one board which was beginning a whitewater feature construction/wetlands restoration project. Acquired bids and made purchases of park furnishings and also decided on placement of these furnishings. Developed photographic park inventories to help categorize maintenance and replacement needs within the department. 2008

-Research Assistant. Developed interview and focus group questions for a pilot study. Facilitated focus groups and interviews with students and teachers regarding intramural programs. The project was about motivations for sport participation in middle-school aged children (this is around the time when most kids drop out of sports, around age 13). Coded data and presented a poster at undergraduate research conferences in North Carolina. 2007-2008

-Camp counselor and recreation assistant. Helped with park maintenance, events, summer camps, and outdoor cinema series. 2002-2007

Little about me personally:

I AM A HARD-CHARGIN' HARD-FIGHTIN' HARD-FARTIN' MAN'S MAN. I hold a few SCUBA certifications. I love to fish; canoeing, mountain biking, golf, motorcycling (anywhere, any time... I just don't have a bike right now), and volunteer work fill my free time. I won a research grant and a couple scholarships at school. I was nominated for membership in the national honor society for parks and recreation but I am also a board member for the National Recreation and Park Association's student branch and that took precedence. I attend national and state conferences for parks and recreation and know a few people, but funding is a little scarce right now.

What do I want?

I am not picky at all right now. Ultimately as long as it's a livable wage with a benefits package I'm fine. I'm a capable person and can handle most soft-skill jobs. This was lengthy but a small sample of what I've done. I busted my rear end in college and in my profession, and I wanted you to know this.

Contact me: thudspeth (at) gmail (dot) com for more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU