Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
I work for a financial research company, but the job I'm posting really has very little if anything to do with finance.

We're located in Stowe, VT and would like someone that can come into the office 3 or 4 times a month at the very least. Ideally, you'd work in house or be on hand to come in at any time, so this is not a telecommuting position, at least to start.

Please let me know if you're interested by commenting in this thread, and if I think you're a good match I can probably get you an interview within a few days.

Junior-Intermediate Programmer/Developer

Job Description:
Education & Experience
• Bachelors degree in computer science or related field preferred.
• Possesses solid background in MySQL and PHP, and understands various database access methods and basic relational database concepts.
• Proficient in command line interface environment.
• Proficient in HTML and passing information through forms.
• Experience with JavaScript and AJAX.
• Basic knowledge of object and component methodology and technology.
• Basic knowledge of classes, components, objects, and interfaces.
• Recognizes the fundamental differences between various Internet browsers.
Professional Skills
• Understands project and development plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
• Adheres to coding standards defined by technical management, and accurately employs existing development tools.
• Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
• Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
• Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
• Proactively seeks input from mentors and supervisors, and remains abreast of industry trends and developments.
• Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
• Listens to others and accepts input and direction from team members.
• Clearly articulates ideas and thoughts to others, including those that might not be technologically savvy.
• Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
• Displays a positive attitude.
• Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
Compensation
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Excellent benefits package

tiananman fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
Allentown, PA
Sales Engineer
Tooling Manufacture

My second posting in this thread. I pasted the below from my cousin's linkedin account. It's in Allentown, which is kind of a hellhole, but it's really a great business. I did some technical writing for them, and honestly, it's just a neat place. Picture your stereotypical small warehouse loaded with tools, c&c machines, raw materials, metal shavings, and a handful of engineers and designers coming and going.

They have machines out the door, so it's not a startup exactly, and everything's in place except for an engineer with sales and organizational experience to put it all together.

And I guess I'm biased but my cousin is possibly the nicest person on the planet and is just a ray of sunshine all day long.

quote:

My husband Tom Flanagan founded Pakcepts, LLC in June 2004. I joined in May 2006 and began by assisting with smoother work flow, ordering of raw materials and working on meeting project deadlines.

In October 2008 Tom passed away after battling colon cancer for 1 1/2 years. During the last six months of his life I was taking care of him full time as well as running the business.

Now we are looking to fill a position of Sales Engineer. We would like to expand our customer base and have a full time engineer to assist customers in their engineering needs.

Pakcepts is an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) primarily manufacturing tooling for pharmaceutical packaging machinery. We have a flexible packaging machine we designed and build, the PakPoucher. We have 3 full time machinists and 1 full time designer.

If you're interested: kevin dot michael dot mcelroy gmail dot com

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
Looking for a job

Field: Copywriting.

I have 3 years experience as a direct-mail (email these days) financial newsletter copywriter.

I'm definitely still a neophyte in this field, but I've had a good amount of success, and I have a pretty stellar portfolio, if I do say so.

I'm not necessarily looking to stay in the financial newsletter field, but I am looking for a good solid company that needs a copywriter.

So that could be any company that sells anything through mail or online. It could be an ad agency, a marketing firm, or a catalog company.

Right now I'm in Vermont, but I'm honestly willing to go just about anywhere.

If anyone has any job leads, I'd be greatly appreciative. How appreciative? I'll pay $100 to anyone who gives me a lead that pans out.

Get a hold of me here- kevin dot michael dot mcelroy gmail

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
Job Opening

This is kind of a super-unique position, and it's not entirely fleshed out, but if we found the right candidate it could be something we'd move on rather quickly.

Basically, we're a small investment newsletter company, with a handful of analysts covering a variety of sectors. We currently have a commodity product that we have ghostwritten for us by a much larger firm. Frankly, the product really needs to be moved in-house, with an in-house commodity analyst who can handle daily, weekly and monthly editorial.

So, the person we're looking for should have good writing skills, or at least somewhat competent writing skills - but more importantly they should be extremely well-versed in commodity investing. I'm talking everything: corn, iron, gold, oil, molybdenum, nat gas, soy beans, pokemon cards - basically anything you can think of that's traded on a commodity futures exchange.

As far as qualifications and education background, that's kind of secondary to the above skill-sets. I don't care if you live in your mom's basement and dropped out of community college - if you know commodities (a track record would be nice) and you can prove a modicum of writing skill, that's all we need.

The actual staff and company is filled with young people (the CEO just turned 30), and we all have a very strong work ethic. The company itself is 8 years old - and there's lots of potential for growth.

If this seems like something you really believe you could do, drop me an email at kevinvonkevinstein at yahoo

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
Two openings, both preferably non-telecommuting positions, to work in our Vermont office. We're a small investment research firm, and we're trying to grow our subscription business from less than $1 million to over $3 million in the next 18 months.

Financial Copywriter

I'm currently one of two copywriters, and right now we have a lot more demand for copy than we have copywriters. Definitely lots of room for growth and some pretty good money. We're looking for someone with experience in writing front-end long copy direct mail promotions. If you don't have this experience, or even if you're a copywriter and you don't know what a front-end is, it's not worth your time sending me your resume. I wish I could hire someone and train them, but we need someone who can come in and be a rock star out of the gate.

Analyst/editor for an income, ETF or commodity research service

We have a 4 people writing 6 research services right now, and we're looking to launch more. We're already stretched pretty thin, so we need someone with a strong background in securities analysis, as well as solid writing skills. If you're Warren Buffett but you can't write a complete sentence to save your life, then we can't use you. If you can write 2000 words a day standing on your head, but don't know the difference between a balance sheet and an earnings report, then keep writing that novel - but we can't use you.

send your resooms to kevinvonkevinstein at yahoo dotcom

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
Job Opening(s)

Industry: Marketing & Online Publishing

Both roles are in our brand new office here in gorgeous central Vermont - minutes from multiple ski resorts, hiking, biking, fishing, swimming, etc.

It's a small and growing company of mostly 20 and 30 something employees. We working hard to double our size every year, and since I've been here for 2 plus years, we've done just that.

We all work really hard here and we don't have any room for pikers, but we have a lot of fun and have some neat perks.

So we have two jobs, a full time marketing coordinator, and a customer service coordinator. I get a bonus for filling these positions, and I'll gladly split it 50/50 with anyone who gets hired.

I've posted both job descriptions below. If you're interested you can respond to either job by dropping a message to kevin [dott] michael [dott] mcelroy gmail

The Marketing Coordinator will support the Marketing team with the execution of day-to-day production tasks and details of online marketing initiatives to ensure success. In this position you’ll work closely with copywriters, researchers, analysts, designers and report directly to our Vice President of Marketing,.

Every day will be different in this position with a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities as a key team member in this important role. Relevant work experience is important, but we also want a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn, and a desire to “hit the numbers”.

In this role you’ll focus on two key objectives:

• To support the marketing team to grow subscription revenues through direct response marketing, including cross selling, up selling, and affiliate marketing.

• To support the growth of our free users through lead generation efforts including search engine marketing (SEM), online advertising, and search engine optimization (SEO).

The successful Marketing Coordinator must be energetic, ready to take on a challenging and results oriented role, have a positive attitude and a high level of attention to detail.

Job Responsibilities

• Update daily metrics report and measure marketing efforts
• Maintain and update existing lead generation web site content
• Maintain and update paid subscription web site content
• Produce and send paid subscription and free e-letters to subscribers through StrongMail email marketing platform
• Assist with the launch of new products and new marketing campaigns
• Execute production of daily and weekly advertisements that drive sales of paid subscription investment newsletters
• Prepare marketing collateral materials including email creative, special reports, and subscriber premiums
• Setup order pages and landing pages, including tracking codes
• Layout newsletters in HTML template and PDF format
• Develop timely reporting on actionable data
• Administrative support as needed
• Maintain and enhance our social media presence
• Perform a variety of other marketing support functions

Key Qualifications

• Proficiency with HTML and Photoshop Required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required
• Strong understanding of the Internet required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Internet / online work experience required
• Organization skills to manage multiple projects
• Marketing writing and editing experience
• Interest in investments and stocks preferred

This is a full time salaried position based in our Richmond, Vermont office. This position includes benefits including universal leave, paid health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, cash bonuses, profit sharing, a monthly wellness stipend, and you’ll even get to take your birthday as paid-time off work.

The second job is a temp to possible FT hire as a customer service rep. Pretty straightforward:

XXX company is looking for a customer service/data entry support individual for a special project starting TODAY. Estimated at 25 plus hours of work and will pay you an hourly wage. This is currently a temporary project however there is potential for additional contract, part-time, or even full time employment.

Are you fluid in email communication, detailed oriented, and willing and capable to learn our customer support systems? We are ready for you today! Contact us now. This opportunity is only available now, and will conclude before April 20th.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
The job: 2-4 times a week, write a 500-800 word daily column on commodity investing. Not full time, but decent cash if you know the sector and can meet deadlines.

The details:

I write a daily commodity newsletter (online) to an email file of almost 70,000 people. My boss wants me to focus more of my time on my many other various duties, and as soon as I find a half-decent candidate, the sooner I can stop writing this daily letter.

I love writing it! We're in the middle of a long term secular commodity bull market, and lots of people are interested in the topic. It's interesting to research the ongoing mini-trends between different metals, oil, coal, nat gas, ag, etc. And there's certainly no shortage of topics in the sector to write about.

I plan on writing at least one of these articles most weeks, but we need someone else to come in and fill out the rest of the week.

If you have commodity trading experience, or you're a geologist, or just someone who is well versed in the field - AND you can write a little bit, please send me an original writing sample between 500-800 words on any commodity topic you choose. Make sure it's well researched, well reasoned and entertaining to read. If it's good, I'll run it by my boss and we could be paying you this week.

email me at kevin period michael dot mcelroy (at) gmail

If you think your resume is relevant, then by all means send it along too - but I'm more interested in writing quality and knowledge of the sector.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
Behold the Seeker

I have over 7 years of experience as an online content producer. Basically - a writer of everything on the internet.

I've written pretty much everything from daily content (I had an email list of over 60,000 readers), long form sales letters, email content, video scripts, landing pages, banner ads, google ads - pretty much everything you can see, feel, touch or taste online - if it needs to be written, edited, spoken or mimed, I've done it at least a dozen times.

I've also done extensive editing work on all of the above.

My main concentration is in copywriting, but I've researched and written financial reports, been in front of and behind the camera for "webinar" events that I wrote, created campaigns, done product launches, interviews both as interviewer and interviewee...

In short, if you need someone to write something, edit something, or brainstorm a way to write or edit something for online consumption, I'm your guy.

I am the veneer of content smeared onto the internet's tubes and diodes.

I'm located in Vermont and I'd prefer to stay here. I've worked on a ton of projects for clients who aren't in Vermont, but I'm looking for something more permanent and steady than freelance work.

I'm seeking any kind of company that needs online content. It could be a consumer reports blog, a media outlet, a product portal, a niche online publisher - anything that relies on frequent, quality online content.

Ideally the work would be constant, hectic and deadline driven.

Availability: I'm working on a few different contracts right now but I can be finished relatively soon, as in a few weeks.

Contact me at kevin doot michael doot mcelroy at gee male doot cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

Cup of Hemlock posted:

I just saw that Gawker is hiring bloggers at a decent monthly rate; not sure if that fits what you are looking for or not.

Thanks, checking this out. It looks like it's up my alley.