Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

This is why i always feel the temptation on craigslist to report every job posting I reply to. Then I realize that would be bad karma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Got laid off with no notice about two months back, unemployment has been stonewalling me and I've run through all my meager severance pay, so things are starting to look dicey. I left IT support about six years back to get into the cannabis industry, but that industry is in heavy recession so I'd like to try getting back into IT support.

Seeking

Education: Took a year of college and did great, but real life intervened, so just High School Diploma.

Experience: I started in break/fix back in the mid 90s, then got into phone support/help desk roles which led to incident management roles for companies like UPS and St. Jude Medical. I have worked for managed services providers, performed deployments for large and small organizations, and provided network monitoring services. As I mentioned above, I've spent the past six years in the legal cannabis industry where I've seen rapid promotions but no commensurate pay while developing manufacturing and logistic processes and applying IT principles to the industry, such as data aggregation and analysis.

Looking for: I'm looking to mostly get back into IT support roles now. I'm willing to pay my dues again in a first level support role if it means I can work my way up in the company. I would really like any sort of remote work if possible, but if there are jobs in my area I'm happy to go to an office as well. I'm also open to further cannabis work, if the pay is right.

Willing to relocate? No, but I am experienced at working remotely.