Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Industry: Education
Openings: Part Time Academic Tutoring positions open
$22/hour plus mileage during probationary period, compensation rises to $25-$30/hour plus mileage after you show how awesome you are
Calculus or Physics tutoring experience is a plus

email resume to moanaDOTevans at gmailDOTcom and I'll send it along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

New Opening
Position: Part-time chemistry tutor

Hammer Prep is looking to hire a part-time (5-10 hours/week) academic tutor for Chemistry. If you can't tutor AP Chemistry, please don't apply. Ideal candidates have previous tutoring experience, stellar academic records, and a passion for teaching. Tutors must be available to tutor through June of 2010.

Tutoring takes place at our center and/or at students' homes throughout San Diego. Most of our students live in Del Mar, Carmel Valley, and Rancho Santa Fe. Students usually request tutors between the hours of 3p and 8p and weekends. All tutors are employees, which allows us to provide paid training, mileage reimbursements, and performance bonuses. Pay is $20 to $30 per hour, plus mileage reimbursement (our pay is equivalent to independent contractor pay of $25-$40 per hour). Starting pay depends on experience and test results (yes, we test all tutors!).

How to Apply:

* Send an e-mail to jobsAThammertutoring DOT COM with the subject "Chemistry Tutor".
* Include a short paragraph (5 to 7 sentences) in the body of the e-mail that includes:
1. Your prior tutoring/teaching experience
2. Parts of San Diego in which you're willing to drive to (please be specific, i.e. Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, etc.)
3. Test Scores (SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, etc.)
4. Undergraduate school G.P.A. and/or Graduate school G.P.A.
* Attach your resume as a Microsoft Word Document

Here's the Craiglist ad: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/edu/1442192579.html If you apply, please also email me and let me know so I can not throw away your resume (email: moanaAThammerprepDOT com)

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Job Opening in San Diego, CA, PART TIME
OFFICE MANAGER for small tutoring company

Qualifications
-Proficient MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
-Type 50 words or more per minute
-Strong written and verbal skills
-Quickbooks experience a plus

Responsibilities
Office manager will be responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, billing, data entry, and more.

Compensation
$10 to $15 per hour (starting rate depends on your experience)
[Part-time position] 4 days per week, 3-5 hours per day
Opportunity for full-time employment within 3 months

How to Apply
Email your resume and a brief description in the body of the email of why you're a great candidate. Please keep the email to 5 sentences or less. We will reply to all qualified applicants.

email my gmail account at moana DOT arkhonne and I'll see that you get on the short list.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Job Opening in San Diego, CA, Part time -> Full time
We're looking to hire two part-time (5-15 hours/week) academic coaches:

One candidate with expertise in math (and physics if possible), and a
second candidate with expertise in chemistry and biology.

Ideal candidates have previous tutoring experience, strong interpersonal skills, stellar academic records, and a passion for teaching. Tutors must be available to tutor through June of 2011.

The position will require traveling to our center in Sorrento Valley. Students typically request tutors between the hours of 3p and 10p, M-Th, Saturday or Sunday. Compensation is $20 to $25 per hour, which is comparable to $22.50-$29 per hour as an independent contractor. Starting pay depends on experience and subject expertise. Stellar tutors may be asked to join our small team of full-time tutors.

Note: we hire part-time employees, not independent contractors. This means there will be training and a test to demonstrate mastery of specific subjects. Tutors must score in the 99th percentile on the tests we administer before beginning any tutoring hours in that subject area.

Our Philosophy
We believe that high grades and test scores are attributable to three factors: conceptual knowledge, study habits, and motivation. Consequently, we create personalized programs that address all three areas in order to maximize the learning experience. Thus, we prefer to call our approach coaching.

How to Apply:

* Send an e-mail to my gmail account at moana DOT arkhonne with the subject "tutoring job"
* Include a short paragraph (5 to 7 sentences) in the body of the e-mail that includes:
1. Which tutoring position you're interested in
2. Your prior tutoring/teaching experience
3. Test Scores (SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, etc.)
4. Undergraduate school G.P.A. and/or Graduate school G.P.A.
* Attach your resume as a Microsoft Word Document or PDF

If you have any questions or whatever PM me or email me at the above address.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Job Openings
Position: Full-time SAT tutor and part-time academic tutors. Training would start this summer.

This is the job ad for the full-time position:
----------------------------------------------
Hammer provides one to one tutoring for the SAT, ACT, ISEE and most academic subjects. We're looking to hire a tutor for standardized tests: SAT, ACT, and ISEE. If you’re one of the rare few who can not only ace standardized exams, but also explain them, please read on.

What we're looking for in a candidate:

At least a bachelor's degree.
Stellar academic history with GPA and test scores to prove it.
Math and Reading scores of 700+ on SAT or 32+ on ACT.
Passion for teaching and/or coaching.
Commitment to making doing what it takes to help your students excel.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends. Most tutoring takes place between 2p and 8p, M-Th, and all day, Sa-Su.
Minimum 2-year commitment

Benefits:

Extensive training
Ongoing support from established team of tutors
Flexible schedule
High quality, proven curriculum
Ability to help students increase their college options
Early stage employment with a growing education company

Compensation:

For months 1-3, you will be on salary of $2k per month.
After month 3, you will be placed on hourly between $25 and $35 per hour. Our experienced tutors typically earn $40k to $50k + yearly bonus.

Reimbursement for cell phone and health care premiums.
How does Hammer compare?

We're a private company with one location. This allows us flexibility in every facet of our business. We can quickly make company-wide decisions. Employee contributions are encouraged and, in fact, necessary. Financial rewards pass to our employees, not shareholders. Consequently, we pay our exceptional coaches considerably more than the large test prep companies.

Must I have prior SAT tutoring experience?
No, but tutoring experience is helpful. If you have the right personality, we can teach you to be a great tutor.

Is this job part-time or full-time?
Full-time, but it's not a 9-to-5. Most test prep tutors spend 20-40 hours per week with students.

Can I set my own schedule?
Tutors set their schedules directly with their students. However, most students prefer to meet weekdays between 3p and 8p anytime on Saturday and Sunday. We require all tutors to work M-Th and a Sa or Su.

Does this job have growth potential?
Absolutely, we encourage all team members to get involved in every aspect of the business from curriculum development to marketing.

If you’re interested, send an e-mail to jobs [at] hammerprep.com with the subject “I wanna tutor at Hammer” that includes:

List of degree(s) and respective GPA(s)
Prior test scores (SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests, GMAT, MCAT, etc.)
A brief description of why you want to tutor at Hammer.
Resume as an attachment
We will reply to all qualified candidates.
----------------------------------------------

Make sure you mention that you heard about the job posting through me (yes, Moana, that is my real name). Feel free to PM me or post here if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Job Openings
Position: Test Prep Tutors

Must be awesome at teaching high schoolers, must be awesome at standardized tests. Pay is $25-35/hr depending on experience. Fill out this form thing: http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1234737-yGoKKeLUGA

I will probably be doing the initial interviews/hiring/training, so gmail me (MoanaEvans) if you want to talk about the job or have questions or whatever beforehand.