Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

LloydDobler posted:

I just got laid off in November, I'm looking for work anywhere around Denver, although the farther south the better, no farther than Castle Rock preferrably. I'm willing to commute as far north as Boulder but that would suck hard. Englewood, Highlands Ranch, the Tech Center, Golden or Arvada would be good commutes for me.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience, my specialties are in high precision machined parts and assemblies, prototype and custom machines for specific applications. I have machine shop experience and have worked closely with machinists and assemblers for good understanding of shop practices. I also have some experience with molded plastic volume production parts, but that's my weakest area. The industries and "genres" I'm experienced in are sub-10HP power transmissions, metal cutting tools, small feed mechanisms for said tools, loading mechanisms and transports for data storage tape drives, and one on-body monitoring device. I'm much more of a nuts and bolts kind of engineer than a heavy analyst.

I've seen some job descriptions around that are practically tailor made for my resume, but no callbacks yet.

Thanks.

loving hell the job market must really suck if an engineer with 20 years of experience can't get a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU