Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

still a child
Dec 21, 2005

banana moon
Looking for a job in New York, NY

I'm graduating in 3 weeks and haven't found a job or anything yet, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to post here.

Experience: I'm looking for something entry-level, but I've worked various part-time jobs/internships and have been very involved on campus so I wouldn't say I'm completely inexperienced. Last summer I interned at a film festival and maintained contact with about 100 filmmakers. I also have 3 years of experience running a three-day convention at my college, which has about 500 attendees and a $10,000 budget. Currently I work on campus at media resources, where we loan out and troubleshoot equipment such as projectors/microphones/speakers/etc.

Education: Graduating with a BA in Film & Japanese from Vassar College, current GPA is 3.6

Skills: Strong communication & organizational skills. ~9-10 years of HTML and CSS, proficient at Photoshop, MS office and Final Cut Pro. Beginner's knowledge of Illustrator, In Design, PHP and MYSQL. 7 years of Japanese.

What I'm looking for: Ideally something in the entertainment industry, but I am really open. I want something stable and full time, and am confident I could do anything administrative in just about any industry. I have a lot of event-planning and management experience, and am also interested in getting into PR/Marketing. I'm also a bit of a techie and have applied to a paid internship at a web development company, so like I said, I am open to pretty much anything. But something along the lines of production assistant or anything at some kind of media or PR company is ideal.

What I'm NOT looking for: Unpaid internships!

Where I live: New York, NY

Where I'm looking: I really want to stay in NYC.

When I can start: May 24

Requirements: Full time, health insurance, but I'm not picky

Can be reached via: PM or email (suzubara at gmail)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU