Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanessa
May 21, 2006

CAUTION: This pussy is ferocious.
Need a job

Search area: As far east as San Francisco and as far south as Santa Cruz for the right higher education job. For an office job, Mountain View, Los Altos, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale and the west end of San Jose.

I finished a Master's degree in College Student Personnel Administration at Marquette University two months ago. Given the current budget situation, finding a job directly in the field has been next to impossible. In relation to this degree, I have experience in counseling students, programming, budget management, staffing issues and learning outcomes.

The bulk of my professional work experience is the office assistant side of medical/higher education, and I am perfectly content to continue working for a clinic or an academic office, but would work in any educational leadership role.

Email vrmann at gmail dot com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanessa
May 21, 2006

CAUTION: This pussy is ferocious.
New Opening
Position: Half-time Sales and Marketing Admin

This part-time, entry-level position is responsible for generating raw leads through telemarketing . You work from the comfort of your own home, and very little if any travel is required. It is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-growing, privately held company with thousands of customers worldwide, and presents a tremendous opportunity for career growth in ebrary’s sales and marketing organization.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:

* Primary responsibilities including calling prospects and customers around promotions and events, with a call quota to be determined.
* Secondary responsibilities include entering data and notes in Salesforce.
* Additional administrative support may be required such as generating target lists.

Requirements:

* Excellent communication skills
* Sales experience a plus
* Experience using e-books and other digital resources in libraries a plus

Please provide cover letter, resume and salary requirements to hr@ebrary.com. Principals only and no phone calls, please. ebrary is an equal opportunity employer.
---------------------------------------------------------------

For this position, you'd be working from home. I'm not the one doing the hiring for this, so I don't know if they're looking for someone who lives anywhere, or if they're looking for someone close to the office so that they can come in for training. If you are not from the Bay Area and would like to apply, email me at vrmann AT gmail DOT com, and I'll inquire for you. This position is actually two openings, so multiple goons can be happy! If you don't have direct experience, or if you have a degree in something unrelated but have transferrable skills, feel free to still apply. I started out at the company in a QA position and I had no QA experience, just an enjoyment of putzing around with computers. I was recently transferred to be the Sales and Marketing Coordinator for the West, and I have no real sales experience other than six months of being a cashier at Target.

Look at the full posting (and check out the awesome company that I work for) at http://www.ebrary.com/corp/aboutCareers.jsp.